Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wednesday Factoid: Claim to Fame

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What's your claim to fame?

Ah, that's an easy one for me. My claim to fame is my book and my asexuality activism. I've been on international television, nominated or won four book awards, written up in the New York Times and TIME magazine and a bunch of others, been interviewed by The Huffington Post, Salon, Marie Claire, The Daily Beast, in a documentary that was in mainstream circulation, and on radio stations and podcasts, and asked repeatedly to speak at colleges and events. 








Everybody who reads this blog certainly already knows about that because that's probably one of the main reasons anyone reads it. But I have a couple other small "claims to fame." Including how I made sort of a name for myself as an outspoken critic of a popular book series, to the point that people I didn't even know were routinely messaging me to find out if I was going to review the next book in the series whenever there was one.

Annnnd also when I was in second grade I won a county-wide poster contest, so there's that.



No comments:

Post a Comment