Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday Factoid: Old-Fashioned Way

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What's something you like to do the old-fashioned way?

Baking!

I guess it's not that "old fashioned," because I certainly use modern equipment like microwaves and ovens, but when I bake I generally do so from scratch and tend not to use electric mixers or other aids. I don't even own an electric mixer. 

Some people think it's weird that I know how to make things from scratch and that I don't just buy a box or buy the cake already made, but I really enjoy being able to just kinda make whatever I want right then. I make cookies, cakes, breads, pies, whatever . . . and most of it doesn't require ingredients I have to plan for, with the exception of if a recipe needs milk. I don't typically have milk in the house because I'm lactose intolerant, but in some cases almond milk doesn't work for baking purposes very well. In others it's fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment