Saturday, October 29, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: October 22 – October 28

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Drink and Draw. I did my necessaries before the event and Eric picked me up. It was a good time, and I got to meet a new person and drew some webcomics and character art. We had to leave early because Eric had a big job to do at his work, and then I went home and redecorated my apartment for Halloween.
  • Sunday I made a few videos--one for my writing channel, one with ukulele playing, and one for karaoke. I had to work around people being extremely loud outside with music and partying. Really frustrating. I practiced ukulele a lot.
  • Monday I started posting some links for Asexual Awareness Week on my author Facebook and doing some minimal posts about it here and there. I spent a bunch of time on a blog post nobody read, and read a comic book, tried on my Halloween costume, and took inventory so I could make a shopping list for my big Halloween party.
  • Tuesday was my Day Of Not Being Able To Get A Hold Of People. I made something like twenty phone calls that weren't answered. (Thirteen of them were my apartment complex though. I was trying to get on the list for pest control. Finally got through.) I had to clean out stuff in my kitchen and made some molasses-ginger animal cookies.
  • Wednesday I met Jeaux and did some preliminary shopping, and we hung out at my place. After he left I made pumpkin pie and did dishes and drew some comics.
  • Thursday my mom took me to Bonefish Grill for dinner and took me grocery shopping. I baked a pumpkin roll while on the phone with Victor and finished my webcomic.
  • Friday I didn't go to work because I'd asked for the day off so I could save my mental health while preparing for my party. I spent the day baking and rearranging my living room for people to fit in it. I baked cookies, two kinds of muffins, and a new kind of vegan brownies. And I even had time to mess around on the Internet. Hooray.

New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
      Reading progress:
        New singing performances:

        This week's performance was "The Sound of White" by Missy Higgins.



        New drawings:

        I did one character sketch of Pearl with her spear at Drink and Draw this week.

        First time trying to draw that thing.

        And then the usual webcomic stuff.



        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0598: "A Different Secret."






        New videos:

        First, a very special unlisted ukulele video: I played "We Are the Crystal Gems," which was a hard song to learn because of all the new chords and key change. It's the Steven Universe theme song! I illustrated it with some visuals to help people figure out what the heck I'm talking about. Also I threw in some experimental strumming styles. So it's maybe kinda messy, but a LOT of fun.

         

        And I also did a writing video on my writing channel. It's called On Writing Characters from Different Religious Backgrounds.




        New photos:

        Playing ukulele in my Cookie Cat dress!
        These are some pretty awesome figures.
        My ace flag hair bow for Asexual Awareness Week!
        And there were some photos I got from Victor this week that were from last week's Thai Temple outing, so I'll share those too:

        My food!

        Eric making a masterpiece.

        I'm drawing cartoons.

        Joy in her Rose Quartz shirt looking lovely.

        Joy and me at the Thai Temple.

        Me by the river.

        Social Media counts:
         
        YouTube subscribers: 5,342 for swankivy (6 new), 604 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 853 for swankivy (6 new), 1,314 for JulieSondra (10 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 645 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,484 (17 new). Instagram followers: 87 (no change).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment