Saturday, August 22, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: August 15 – August 21

Life news this week: 
  • My editor told me my paperback hits stores October 13, 2015. Yay!
  • Last weekend was pretty productive; I got a lot done on Saturday! Finished a comic, processed a video, and even had some time to play Dance Dance Revolution. On Sunday I went to my mom's 'cause she wasn't feeling super hot so I just spent some time with her. She seemed in decent shape when I left, so yay.
  • The work week was tiring because it was pretty busy and I had to do it on reduced hours. (I have my hours cut at the office. I think that will be over soon though.) Lots of proposal things and audit package things and draft reports and final reports to produce.
  • I did some analysis of my Pitch Wars submissions and got through some of them, but I'm kinda way behind the other mentors in that I haven't even read half of mine yet. I'll be taking the entire time allotted to make my decision about who to mentor. Eep.
  • My friend Victor got a job! I'm excited for him. He starts at the end of the month. I'm relieved 'cause he really needed that to happen.
  • I went to my mom's on Tuesday (again) and brought over a rice dish. She provided mushrooms and I cooked everything while she was napping, and we ended up having a super late dinner (like, after 11 PM). And stayed up all night being dorks and watching silly things on YouTube. :) She made me breakfast in the morning too.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and we ate at Burger 21, and then did our usual America's Got Talent watching and updated ourselves on the latest Night Vale.
      New reviews of my book:
               Reading progress:


              New singing performances:

              Here I'm singing "Your Eyes" from Rent.


               
              New drawings:


              Webcomic Negative One Issue 0536: "Words You Can't Believe."





              Webcomic So You Write Issue 51: "The Significance."






              New videos:

              What Goes In My Bio? is here. It's about how you decide what to write about yourself in the bio section of a query letter.



              New photos:  

              Me after DDR.
              Wearing my "back together" shirt at work on Casual Friday, 'cause I'm silly.
              And my haircut comparison photos:

              Front, February 2014
              Front, August 2015
              Back, February 2014
              Back, August 2015

              Social media counts: 

              YouTube subscribers: 4,966 for swankivy (32 new this week), 501 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 668 for swankivy (1 new), 1,125 for JulieSondra (62 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 187 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 592 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 109 likes for So You Write (lost one--oops is it because I posted a comic about diversity in literature? Gee). Tumblr followers: 2,126 (no change).

              No comments:

              Post a Comment