Saturday, August 30, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: August 23 – 29

Life news this week: 

  • The Book Things seem to have begun in earnest. Everyone who pre-ordered my book is reporting receiving copies already, because there wasn't a strict on-sale date or anything. So . . . next week is the official release date, but . . . my book is out!




  • And, dorkily enough, now you can get my autograph for your copy of the book if you want it. (PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BUYING THIS. I'VE SENT OUT A BUNCH ALREADY.) It works like this: You order a bookplate, I sign it, and I send it to you. Then you peel the backing off and stick the adhesive bookplate on the inside of your book, so it's like I signed it! Way cheaper than sending whole books through the mail. Though if you are a friend of mine and you already know where I live, you probably know who you are and you can send me your book if you prefer that. :) You can get the bookplates via PayPal (you pay, I send) or send me cash to my PO box (it's on the site I linked above). Or, for eBooks. . . .

  • I joined Authorgraph. If you have an eBook copy, you can order an autograph here, and that's free for the electronic version.

  • I made a flier for y'all (well, you know, anyone) to use if you want to download/print out an info sheet you can give to librarians or people who might want to order the thing. It comes in Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF.

  • OKAY, and . . . PITCH WARS! Oh wow, I'm exhausted, but this is a lot of fun. I have a few faves but have not made my decision yet. You will get to hear about it next week.

  • In other news: My nephew is pulling himself up on furniture. OMG.

  • I got to meet Victor's girlfriend this past Sunday. Her name is Tia and she has a daughter named Faith. I got to hang out with them all and we made homemade pizza, played a board game, and drew pictures together. It was so great to meet them.

  • I ate at Pei Wei with Jeaux this week. We went to his house to watch America's Got Talent and The Legend of Korra, and also caught up on Night Vale.

Places featured: 

Reading progress:

  • Finished Clockwork by Philip Pullman. ★★
  • Currently reading Eyeshield 21 Volume 22 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata.

New singing performances:

I actually tried to do a Whitney Houston song, belting and all.

 



New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0485: "Cut Her Roots."

Webcomic So You Write Issue 39: "So Innocent."

New videos:

Shorter "Unboxing Video" for my writing channel:



Longer "WOW THE BOOKS ARE HERE" video for asexuality channel:

 

New photos:

My sister got her copy of
my book!
My hardbacks arrived.



Social media counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,726 for swankivy (7 new this week), 373 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 538 for swankivy (4 new), 676 for JulieSondra (19 new). Facebook: 265 friends (no change) and 135 followers (3 new) for swankivy, 392 likes for JulieSondra (5 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 80 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,483 (8 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment