Saturday, April 12, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: April 5 – April 11

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I went to my dad's sixtieth birthday party with my sister Lindsay. I got my sister Patricia to Skype in with her husband and son so they could "be there" for the party. It was really cute. (Lindsay, with her odd sense of humor, was dressed as the Grim Reaper and attacked her father with the crook.)
  • Can't believe it but I finally did my taxes. I am getting a small refund. Huzzah.
  • I submitted an article about the intersection of asexuality and femininity for consideration by The Toast, but I don't know if they'll like it.
  • I started a Facebook page for my webcomic So You Write because someone said they wished I had one, and it immediately got more likes than my older webcomic. Bah. Well, that's cool. Go like me.
  • I drew a pretty hugely monumental issue of Negative One before I left for Virginia. It's linked below as usual. Can't believe it's been almost nine years leading up to this.
  • After the presentation, I actually got to talk to some people who were asexual and wanted to thank me for my message! I got to hug them and everything. They were two of the people who'd submitted questions to my anonymous box and wanted to express their appreciation for my answers. What a good feeling.
  • Before the presentation, I got to meet and have lunch with Carrie, the University of Virginia secretary of the Queer Student Union. We ate at Lemongrass and I got to have pad thai with tofu. It was the BEST.
  • Ate at Moe's with Jeaux on Wednesday, and we watched a couple episodes of Orphan Black.
Places featured:
  • Cavalier Daily covered the Pride festivities, and I was mentioned.
  • Here is a different article presented in a separate format from Cavalier Daily.
Reading progress:
  • Finished And Another Thing... by Eoin Colfer: ★★★
  • Currently reading Amalee by Dar Williams.
New singing performances:


Recorded "Zombie" by The Cranberries.






New drawings:


Webcomic Negative One Issue 0465: "I'm Different Too."







New videos:


"Asexual Relationships" talk at the University of Virginia





New photos:
My sister dressed as Death at my dad's party.
My dad's 60th birthday cake!
 
At the airport I drank my coffee too fast and choked TWICE.

Checking over my slides before my presentation.

Me with Carrie, the person who organized my UVa appearance.
The sweet folks at UVa got me this candy to thank me for coming. :)

My social media counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,194 for swankivy (23 new this week), 327 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 465 for swankivy (lost 1), 364 for JulieSondra (6 new). Facebook: 249 friends (friended Susan) and 121 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 329 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 45 likes for Negative One (no change), 55 likes for So You Write (all new). Tumblr followers: 1,267 (9 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment