Saturday, April 19, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: April 12 – April 18

Life news this week:

  • I kinda wasted my weekend with marathon phone chats, partially because I was feeling kind of ill. I spent Saturday chatting with Sarah and Sunday chatting with Kari.

  • I submitted a nonfiction piece about asexuality and femininity to a popular blog last week, and this wek I heard back. The editor said she liked it (with three exclamation marks), but wondered if I can . . . brace yourselves . . . MAKE IT LONGER. She wants it to be twice as long. Can you believe that? Nobody has ever asked me to make things longer before! YAY!

  • I updated my questionnaire full of useful information and media contacts for my publisher. I wanted to send it to her after my UVa appearance. :)

  • Monday I did Skype with my mentee, who had finished reading my book Finding Mulligan and wanted to chat about it. We asked each other questions from a list for people who have finished reading your book. :)

  • Tax return showed up in my bank account, yee-haw.

  • I played DDR on Tuesday and did not die.

  • Still editing for Ryan, my first alternate from Pitch Wars. Slowly but surely.

  • Ate at Flippers's with Jeaux on Wednesday, and we listened to Night Vale and watched an episode of Orphan Black.

    Places featured: 
      Reading progress:
      • Finished Amalee by Dar Williams: ★★★
      • Currently reading Dangerous by Shannon Hale.

      New singing performances:



      Recorded "Manic Monday" by The Bangles.






      New drawings:



      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0466: "No Questions."







      New videos:


      None this week.




      New photos:


      My bridesmaid dress
      for my sister's wedding!
      And this week was the 15th so it's been two months since the big haircut. Comparison shots!

      2/15/14: Right After the haircut:
      4/15/14: Two months later

      Social Media Counts:

      YouTube subscribers: 3,225 for swankivy (31 new this week), 329 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 470 for swankivy (5 new), 364 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 249 friends (no change) and 122 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 332 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 45 likes for Negative One (no change), 60 likes for So You Write (5 new). Tumblr followers: 1,281 (14 new).

      1 comment: