Saturday, November 25, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: November 18 – November 24

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got some steps and cleaned up around the house before Meghan came over. We hung out, went to Walgreens and Home Depot, and tried to fix some stuff at my mom's house but were unsuccessful. Then we ate at Noble Crust and went shopping at a kitchen store. Later we hung out talking, baking pumpkin cheesecake bars, and rambling about life stuff.

  • Sunday we had coffee together in the morning and then went out to meet Adam at a restaurant called Tres Amigos (it was excellent). After a little chilling back at my house, Meg went home and I took a nap, then put my new wet/dry vacuum together (it was very difficult to get the wheels in!). I vacuumed out some gunk from one of my water tanks and did maintenance on another one. Since I was in cleanup mode I also paid Mom's bills again and did some laundry. Then I talked to Ben on the phone for like 3 hours.

  • Monday at work I had to edit three letters to go out. Not time for much else but I started working on a transcript my boss wanted also. I received some important paperwork for my mom's estate which allowed me to finally start getting certain aspects of her affairs taken care of, so I looked up some info about getting the needed appointments. I chatted with Ben briefly again and also texted with my sisters. Was sad to hear my brother-in-law Yusuke lost his father the day before.

  • Tuesday I had another letter to do and also just basically spent the whole day on a transcript and making appointments for the mom stuff. (I need to go to the bank and the DMV.) After work I did a little walking and Poloing, then had a game night with friends since we were not going to be able to meet on our usual Thursday. Did more walking and watched some reactions.

  • Wednesday I did some updates and downloads of information I track for our marketing. Also went to the post office to change my mom's address but after I walked all the way there the clerk told me they were out of the address change forms. So I had to walk home with nothing accomplished. Ended up getting a Lyft car to another post office so I could take care of it. Then I met Jeaux and we ate at Joe's Diner, watched Colbert, took a walk, and made a pumpkin roll.

  • Thursday Jeaux and I drove to Sarasota to meet my dad and Connie, where we stood in line at Der Dutchman for two hours for Thanksgiving food. First time not doing Thanksgiving at someone's home I guess! My mom was very invested in the Thanksgiving traditions but was limited as to how much traveling she could do, so when she was still with us I couldn't go far. So this was the first time I've gotten to spend the holiday with my dad in a very long time. The food was good and we brought our pumpkin roll for dessert, which we had with some pecan pie as well. We also looked at my cookbook for a long time and ended up watching six episodes of Steven Universe on my dad's giant TV. Then we went home, took a walk, and I went to bed early.

  • Friday I did nothing like a weird lump for most of the day. Finally got around to writing my webcomic and taking some walks. I got started drawing very late and interspersed it with games and walking, and ended up getting really close to the deadline so I had to hurry. And then my scanner stopped working so I couldn't do the comic. I had to slap together a version of it that worked from phone pictures of the art (which I hope I can fix later). Pretty stressful. Then I put together a garment rack and wrapped up my night pretty early.

New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Back to the usual but I was trying to eat up leftovers from fun desserts and stuff, plus there was Thanksgiving. High weight: 123.7. Low weight: 122.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Working on getting more protein in my diet this week and just ended up with a lot of sugar. Still consistently taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,339 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 15,055 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 126.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen.



    Stuff drawn:



    Videos Made:

    None.


    New photos:

    Meggie making pumpkin cheesecake bars

    The baked pumpkin cheesecake bars

    Cardinal!

    With Meggie and Adam at Tres Amigos

    Carolina Wren!

    Jeaux frosting the pumpkin roll

    Jeaux presenting the pumpkin roll at Thanksgiving



    Social Media Counts: 



    YouTube subscribers: 5,443 for swankivy (no change), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 194 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 848 for swankivy (lost 2), 3,853 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (1 new, an old friend's new account), 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 246 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,442 (1 new). Instagram followers: 266 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment