Saturday, March 20, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: March 13 – March 19

Life news this week:

  • Saturday began a mostly unremarkable week. I had a late start, put off blogging stuff while eating an artichoke, and took a walk down to the water while sending Polos to my sister. My mom came over super briefly and gave me some bigger flowerpots for my azaleas. At night I wrote an 8-page handwritten letter to someone I'd been talking to who disappeared from social media. Started trying to dig my way out of my giant e-mail box.

  • Sunday I got up really late (though daylight saving had something to do with that). I repotted my plants and planted some seeds in smaller pots to grow oregano and parsley. I didn't have any soil left to do the marjoram so I ordered some. Talked to P on Polo, did laundry, talked to Mom on the phone, and did a karaoke song that's a practice run for one of the songs the rock band is doing. Answered some more messages. Gave an interview to a journalist about mythbusting on asexuality.

  • Monday was much less hectic than the last two weeks, thank goodness. There were no letters due so I just handled timesheets and bothered utility people. After work I did some more e-mail cleanup and played games with my friends online. I gave someone querying advice and dug through more messages.

  • Tuesday was a little busy at work--we had meetings and a meet with a potential client, and I had some back-and-forth with a utility owner I'm trying to get documents from. I finally did the prep for Mom's taxes and then had to do some homework for her because she is scheduled for cataract surgery in April. But then I tried to bounce some stuff off of her and she didn't want to talk because she was busy watching Andy Griffith. XD I talked to my sister on Polo some more and accidentally knocked down a set of shelves in my office so I had to rebuild them. Not a great day all told. Wrote up some preparation for the next podcast recording I'm doing.

  • Wednesday was slow at work. Got lots done on the utilities. Finally got the eye doctor stuff and the tax stuff in place for Mom after I got to talk to her and we have a meeting with the tax guy next week. Talked to my sister on Polo. Then Jeaux came over and we grocery shopped, had an easy meal of cheeseburgers (well, "burgers") and fries, and watched some Colbert, some funny videos, and the first episode of the new Digimon. (It's okay.)

  • Thursday was again a pretty slow day but I did get some stuff done on utilities and reports. Did some e-mail writing and storyboards for my comic. Victor called where he's now been moved to a nursing home. We had a longish conversation before he was ready for bed. I wish he could go home. Got the tax stuff ready and went to bed.

  • Friday involved mostly doing stuff I haven't had time for for a while, and I got even more utility stuff wrapped up. In the evening I had some wine and talked to Meggie on the phone while drawing for my webcomic. After I posted it I just watched some silly videos for a while and went to bed.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • Nothing really for this category this week but I'll show you my French cover for the French translation of my book which is coming out this summer!



New Reviews of My Book:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Stable. High weight: 110.8 pounds. Low weight: 109.2. I was exactly 110.8 pounds for the last FIVE days. What the heck.
  • Nutrition stuff: I've been getting hungry at night and eating stuff that's not great for me. Things like tater tots at 2 AM or digging into my baking chocolate. It's kinda silly. It means that some days the percentage of fat in my diet is higher than I want it to be. That said, I've been doing pretty well making sure I have spinach or kale chips every day to get that green leafy vegetable boost!
  • I met my step goal every day this week. A couple days I just barely made it but most days I cleared 10,000 steps easily. High day was Thursday: 17,216 steps. Low day was Saturday: 10,043 steps.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0827: "More to Unlearn." 





    New videos: 

    None.

    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,290 for swankivy (2 new), 667 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 112 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 937 for swankivy (no change), 1,509 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (no change), 626 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 74 likes for Negative One (no change), 227 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,468 (1 new). Instagram followers: 230 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment