Sunday, January 10, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: January 2 – January 8

Life news this week:

  • Saturday Mom had slept over so we got up and she made me coffee! We had our cups together and she hung out a while. I sent her home with some cheese biscuits. Got some photos up and had a lot to do for my blog, so I got to it. Also took a couple walks. I also wrote a ramble for Tumblr about wanting to try to be more present on the blog I haven't been using for a while. It's important to me. And I fell asleep on the floor just like I said I wouldn't anymore this year, haha.

  • Sunday I had left my phone on the floor next to me with an alarm but the battery ran out COMPLETELY so that's why I didn't wake up. I let it charge and also grabbed another hour of sleep during that. Had some coffee while on the phone with Dad. I ate a lot of cookies, although I had a healthy broccoli dinner. Also drank a bunch of wine while reading the terrible transcript of Trump's call to Georgia. It really is what the media says it is, so I'm glad I had wine to get through it. Talked to Meg later. Did some laundry, trash, and karaoke--usual Sunday stuff. I only got a little bit of transcripting done, and I wrote a piece about cartoons.

  • Monday I was kinda worried about work stuff because I was going to have to prepare for interview practice and I wasn't really all the way ready. But the meeting moved to later anyway so I had time. It turned out I was plenty prepared and we had a good rehearsal. I worked on the packet we needed to turn in the next day. Also I got a feature on Amino for the piece about leadership I wrote. Then after work my friends and I played games, and after I sent Polo videos to my sister.

  • Tuesday I got up early to do interview practice again. And we turned in our package. Practice was again successful. After work I washed dishes, took a walk, and found like six golf balls. I spent a bunch of energy looking at the Georgia runoff results, and I reviewed a new trade paperback for Steven Universe. It's the last volume because they aren't making them anymore! :(

  • Wednesday we had one more early rehearsal and then we had our real team interview. Everything seemed fine and we were prepared for everything. I wanted to kinda relax after that but I had too much work to do so I worked on proposals. Then I made pizza dough so it'd have time to rise while Jeaux and I shopped. While I was outside talking to my lawn guy (and paying him) my mom called and said she'd had weird test results and was advised to go to the hospital, so she went and then didn't update me at all on what was going on so I was kinda worried. Jeaux and I made calzones from the pizza dough and they were delicious. And of course, while all this was going on . . . violent insurrectionists were breaking into the Capitol of the United States and having violent conflicts with police. Welp. What a night.

  • Thursday was Brendon's viewing. I obviously was not there but I tried to support Meg by being there for her and also I sent her family some cookies. Did more work on a city proposal, took a break to talk to my sis on the phone, and told her what I knew about Mom's situation. (Still nothing.) I finished my work on the proposal and shared it with the team. Then after work I talked to Victor and ended up kinda giving up when he fell asleep. He tried to call back but I just figured if he's that tired every week he should just sleep if he's dozing off. Ended up chatting with Meg about the viewing and then later Jeaux talked to me about politics. We finally found out Mom didn't get admitted to the hospital--she just got another test and some magnesium and potassium (which were really super low at her last checkup and that can be bad news). She needs to eat more.

  • Friday I did some data entry and some edit work on the proposal after receiving feedback, and I also got to do some formatting on the next letter we're sending out. After work I worked on my comic and got very cold. I took a hot shower and was very happy being all squeaky clean and warm. I fell asleep on the floor for a little while but got up and went to bed like I'm supposed to. Today was Brendon's funeral. Again I didn't go obviously but sent munchies for the fam.
New reviews of my book:


Food Plan Update:

  • Not a whole lot to report. I've been eating breakfast and lunch really late and snacking at night when I get a weird hunger whammy. I'm sure it's from stress. But it doesn't seem to be disrupting the overall diet situation or maintenance mode. I had a new low weight this week (108 lbs) but it's just kinda bobbing up and down just under 110 (which was my goal).
  • I'm a little concerned that I seem to be having trouble meeting my step goal because I've been so busy at work and reluctant to take breaks because I'm cold. I'm going to try to do better at this.
  • I won't post charts anymore because I got to my goal and stabilized, but if I keep having trouble with the step goals I'll maybe start posting those counts.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Cherished Memories by Taylor Robin and S.M. Mara. Five-star review.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi.



    Stuff Drawn:





    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0817: "One of the Bros." 





    New videos: 

    Daria's interview video is processed and approved, but I haven't finished the transcript so it'll be a bit longer before I can publish.

    New photos:

    A little wine with that transcript


    All the ongoing trades - it's over now!

    New "Let Us Adore You" shirt

    Making calzones

    Calzone baked

    Ready to eat!

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,296 for swankivy (2 new), 668 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 110 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 937 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,357 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (no change), 626 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 73 likes for Negative One (no change), 225 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,473 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 235 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment