Saturday, July 4, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: June 27 – July 3

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got up a little late and cleaned up the house a little, then got on a Zoom call with my dad. He had been planning to come give me the stuff I claimed from when my grandparents passed, but we decided it was too dangerous to travel with virus rates spiking in our state, so we just did the video call. I ate a sandwich and caught up with what's up with him. After that I just did my weekly blogging and bought the latest instrumental track release for Steven Universe (season 2 is out), and reviewed it online.
  • Sunday was a three-cup-of-coffee day. Did some laundry, processed a video for Not-So-Giant Women, and started working on my ace interview video with Destiny. Practiced my ukulele a lot and tried to learn the song "Who We Are" from the Steven Universe movie. It's harder than it should be for some reason. Did some chores and talked to my friend Steve through texts and ate a potato.
  • Monday I went back to work and had plenty to do. Data entry project and editing a letter. Then I worked on a video transcript and practiced ukulele some more. Also, I discovered a stack of my clothes in the closet were mysteriously very damp and I still don't know why. They smelled like mildewy wetness. I put them in the laundry and that part of the closet is empty until I find out why it was wet there.
  • Tuesday I finished one part of my data entry project at work. After work I made some funny GIFs and made my monthly writing comic. I also made some oatmeal cookies!
  • Wednesday was a pretty slow work day--just some database updates. I texted my mom to ask if she wanted cookies or anything from the store but she didn't reply so I didn't go. I caught a little snake in my house and let it go outside. My new SU jacket (in size XXS) arrived and I tried it on. It fits! Jeaux took me shopping and we bought a frozen lasagna for dinner only to find out it would take 2 hours to cook. So since we didn't want to eat at 10 PM I figured I'd defrost it next week and this week we ate toasted fake chicken sandwiches, fries, and broccoli. We also watched the first episode of His Dark Materials. It's good! We loved the books but didn't care for the movie, so it's cool that the show looks so good!
  • Thursday I had to do some pickups for the data entry project and got that done, and stayed kinda late to do my database updates and get reports to my boss. I talked to Victor while drawing comics. I tried to finish my transcript for my video but it was slow going.
  • Friday I had the day off for July 4 holiday (on July 3!) but I kinda wasted it. I did a lot of relaxing and eating cookies, and I did some work on my transcript and finished my webcomic. Very little to show for the day but not every day needs to be productive, hey.

Articles, interviews, mentions:



New reviews of my book: 


Food Plan Update:
  • I had some great salad adventures this week and did somewhat better with being responsible with my eating habits! It was countered a bit by consuming candy when I got a sweet tooth. But I guess that will be countered in the future by me having no candy in the house, owing to the fact that I've eaten it. Also, I made a small batch of oatmeal cookies and ate most of them, but did so in moderation at breakfast dunked in coffee. :)
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing, paused on reading projects right now!
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "No One Is to Blame" by Howard Jones.




    Stuff Drawn:





    Webcomic So You Write Issue 109: "Acknowledgments."












    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0790: "A Conversational Noise."









    New videos: 

    Ace Interviews #3: Destiny is up! I am interviewing Destiny from Baltimore, Maryland, USA, a questioning romantic ace. Destiny represents disabled aces as a visually impaired person who has been partially blind since birth, is involved in fat activism, and embraces her Catholic faith minus some of the conservative political views that often are associated. She loves horror movies, podcasts, reading, swimming, and karaoke.



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 11: Arcade Mania is up! Join Daria and Ivy as they discuss "Arcade Mania" and cover such topics as Garnet's leadership, breakfast cereals, video games, Garnet's bizarre eyes, the secrets of Gem clothing, games appropriate for each Gem, fighting the foot, censorship surrounding the beating of meat, and which Gem might be oldest.





    New photos:


    Cookies I baked!
    Snake visitor!
    New jacket, old jacket
    Old jacket (the size S)
    New jacket (size XXS)



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,284 for swankivy (6 new), 673 for JulieSondra (lost 2), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 100 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1). Twitter followers: 956 for swankivy (2 new), 1,356 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 297 friends (no change) and 220 followers (no change) for swankivy, 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (no change), 81 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,479 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 204 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment