Saturday, August 17, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: August 10 – August 16

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was nice! I got blogging done in the morning and managed to record a ukulele song before my friend Steve came over. We mostly just talked all day because that's how we roll. We got some Chinese food delivered when we were hungry. And we did managed to watch some cartoons. After he left I was really tired but then for some reason decided to binge the entirety of the new cartoon Infinity Train. I really liked it.
  • Sunday my mom called me early and asked me to come over to help her with some stuff she couldn't figure out, but then she called and cancelled for reasons unclear. I ended up figuring out a way to help her with the problems without going over there, and later I got to talk to her on the phone and explain what I did. I also did laundry and made this HUGE cake, practicing for my three-layer tiered cake that will be a centerpiece of my Steven Universe movie party. (The cake I'm copying is from an episode called "Gem Harvest.") Can't believe I made so much cake and frosted it and everything!
  • Monday I brought some of the lemon layer to work to share and was able to even distribute some of it to kids in the building. Work was busy--I was slammed with four letters (and one was the long kind). I met my deadline by about eight minutes. Had to take the bus home (didn't get rained on, luckily!) and managed to record a ukulele song that is quite a feat because its chords were really difficult to learn. I also worked on my in-progress photos page a lot.
  • Tuesday I got a little buried under some unexpected utility coordination at work, then some subconsultant arrangements that were more difficult than I'd anticipated, then some data entry. At home I made rice and used the leftover egg yolks to mix in. I ate it all but it did take me two sittings. I finished my laundry and redecorated the house.
  • Wednesday I spent the entire work day on my data entry project. My ukulele song from a couple days before got selected for the front page of Amino so I enjoyed some positive attention from that. Jeaux and I went out to eat at Marlow's Tavern and went home to watch some sketch comedy and finish the She-Ra animated series.
  • Thursday I had some utility coordination and more data entry at the office. My friend Steve (who I got to see TWICE this week!!) picked me up at work and we ate at Best NY Pizza. We had a DELICIOUS white pizza that he was very impressed with. And then we talked and watched a few cartoons. We get along so great. After he left I unfortunately had to get a bunch of drawing done because of my Friday plans not leaving room for webcomics. I stayed up WAY too late and ate cake to keep me up.
  • Friday was a busy day. I finally finished the data entry for the one stretch of roadway I'd been assigned, but other than that and doing timesheets and doing some reports for my boss, it was all I worked on. After work I went home and hung out with Victor. We got food from one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (Vallarta's) and watched an old 90s anime he'd never seen. We followed up with talking and cake. 
New reviews of my book:



Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. Oh boy, with all the pizza and cake, I'm really surprised nothing's changed much.




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I've had no bus time because of all the paid rides I've taken to work this week, so I did not get any farther in my current read again.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Kathy's Song" by Simon and Garfunkel.




    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0744: "An Outlet."






    New videos:

    I did a couple unlisted Steven Universe ukulele practice videos. Here they are.

    "The Working Dead":



    "Ruby Rider":





    New photos:

    Cake photos:













    A stack of Garnets - she's all about balance!


    Completed collection of Bubbled Gems
    Added to my autographs collection


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,252 for swankivy (5 new), 683 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 975 for swankivy (1 new), 1,339 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 161 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,511 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 188 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment