Saturday, July 6, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: June 29 – July 5

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was packed full of activities--can't get a break these days, haha! I started the day with Victor having slept over the night before. We made our Universal Yums snack box video and it was pretty great. Then he left and my friend Steve came over. We hung out, ate veggie burgers, talked a lot, and watched Steven Universe (episodes 41 through 53). Now he's seen the whole first season! After he left, I was originally supposed to see my friend Kari but she got sick so she cancelled. Instead, I ended up getting a call that my mom needed some supplies she didn't want to ask her roomie for, so I biked to the store and took a Lyft to her house so I wouldn't have to pay for two Lyfts. My garage door got stuck open while I was taking my bike out so I had to handle that crisis before seeing my mom. When I got there it was later than we expected. I spent a couple hours just chilling with her and having a nice time. Managed to finally get blogging done when I got home.
  • Sunday was the last day of the month and I hadn't done a video or a So You Write comic so I scrambled around to get both done by the end of the day. I didn't sit at my table because it rained, but I got laundry and trash done. Made my Letters to an Asexual video, coded subtitles for it, and drew the writing comic. I also did some online shopping for convention supplies. :D
  • Monday I was late because I had to go to the post office. I did some training and everyday work stuff, and then after work I tried to do some costume mods but didn't have the right supplies. I played with my trading cards and went to bed early.
  • Tuesday was low-key. I did some printing for a co-worker and bought more supplies online. After work I did a costume test for my Stevonnie costume, one of the two costumes I'll be wearing at the convention. Awesome.
  • Wednesday was another low-key day. Everyone seems otherwise involved because it's a holiday week. I did more training. Later I played with some prompt cards for the convention. I picked up a comic book for Jeaux and very narrowly caught the bus on time. Jeaux met me at my house and we ate at Burger Monger. Shopped at Publix, watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I went to bed early again.
  • Thursday I didn't have to work because of Independence Day. Didn't do a whole heck of a lot besides draw my comic and practice ukulele, trying to get prepared to be able to play songs for next week at the convention! Took a walk and texted with my sister and friends. Victor called later in the evening and I finished my comic and redid my decorations for the summer!
  • Friday I narrowly missed the bus, checked my bus app and it said a new bus wouldn't be by for 22 minutes, so I walked to the post office and caught a Lyft. The next bus came while I was waiting for the Lyft, so the app is a liar! Went to work and made reports, did timesheets, and I got Thai food with the bookkeeper. Did some forms for an upcoming package and did some more training for the data entry job I'm going to be doing. Walking home, I got rained on. Boo! I posted my comic and practiced ukulele. I made a video with my songs from Steven Universe season 1, but I decided to re-record it later because I wasn't satisfied with it.
Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. Surprisingly, I went back down to my lowest weight since starting a vague attempt to eat healthier and drop some weight. Maybe stress?




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Nothing this week!
  • Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley.




    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 97: "Still Works."








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0738: "What's Best for You."






    New videos:

    Letters to an Asexual #69 is out. It covers the popular perception that asexual people would have a certain personality type and would never make sex jokes, etc.



    New photos:


    Universal Yums Colombia
    Stevonnie Selfie
    Stevonnie Costume



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (lost 2), 681 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 974 for swankivy (4 new), 1,340 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 206 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (8 new). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (1 new). Instagram followers: 180 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment