Life news this week:
- Saturday I played with online quizzes for a bunch of the day because I'm silly, and I put my hair in curlers to try a new way of making my hair curly for a costume. I did a bunch of drawing. Did my blogging and did some partial recordings of Steven Universe karaoke songs.
- Sunday was a little disturbing; I went outside to hang out at my table but a tree branch had fallen and broken one of the chairs and cracked the table! Yikes. I still sat outside and hung out but it was so windy and junk got in my coffee. I also had a bad time with my mom's taxes because I was helping submit them for her after we completed an e-file, but the submission was rejected. I eventually got it to be accepted after finding out the rejection was completely the fault of a glitch that happens sometimes if the previous year's taxes were filed late. Whoops. Later, the tree in my front yard completely fell apart in the middle of the lawn, just snapped in half and it's dead. Whoa. I did laundry and dishes, hit 1000 posts on my cartoon fan blog, and finished drawing a pretty silly fan comic about a couple on Steven Universe. I cooked a nice dinner of tofu and mushrooms as well.
- Monday I woke up on the couch where I'd slept because I was afraid of trees falling on the back of the house. Went to work and had to handle a record number of letters in one day: we sent out FIVE. (And one was a long one.) I also was not able to get in touch with my rental company to arrange someone to look at my trees. When I got home I mostly just worked on (and completed!) ANOTHER fan comic. And I was so happy to hear that my friend who had a crisis last week got medication that works.
- Tuesday I did a lot of adulting--stuff related to renter's insurance and got a claim filed for the property management company to look at my trees. Went home and my DVD of the second season of Steven Universe had arrived, so I spent the evening watching the bonus features (a bunch of animatics). Also got to briefly talk to my sister and did laundry.
- Wednesday I had a deadline with one of my co-workers who likes to work under pressure so he waited until the last minute to get some stuff done. Was a little stressful for me! I went to my second online marketing class and then went out with Jeaux. We ate Five Guys food and shopped at Winn-Dixie. We saw an episode of What We Do in the Shadows and listened to Night Vale.
- Thursday I saw someone getting arrested at my bus stop in the morning. Work wasn't too eventful, but I made an action plan for a proposal for the first time, and after work I wrote an essay about a cartoon character and talked to Victor on the phone while drawing comics.
- Friday I woke up early because another branch fell outside and shook the house. Didn't hit anything. Work was pretty quiet because most people were out, but I got a lot done. At home I drew comics and organized some plans to see my sister while she's in town.
- I was not able to get back into my exercising routine this week, but things were unusually busy at work, so my physical energy was pretty low.
New reviews of my book:
- Angie Cloutier gave it a three-star review on Amazon saying it's not a thrilling read but informative.
- Finished this week: Nada.
- Currently reading: Mythology by Edith Hamilton.
This week's karaoke song is "Never Saw Blue" by Hayley Westenra.
And if you want to just hear some partial recordings from the Steven Universe karaoke release:
- Partial recording of "Escapism"
- Partial recording of "Do It for Her"
- Partial recording of "That Distant Shore"
- Partial recording of "Familiar"
- Partial recording of "We Are the Crystal Gems"
And if you want to read either of my fan comics, you can read "Goofy" about Lemon Jade or "So Big" about Sunstone being short.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0727: "Burned Out."
|Out of curlers!|
|Disaster that broke my chair|
|Tree that fell apart in my front yard|
|Watching Season 2 extras|
|New keychain that came with the DVD|
|Flyer for a book event I'm part of next week|
YouTube subscribers: 5,266 for swankivy (4 new), 676 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 962 for swankivy (no change), 1,339 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1) and 209 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 145 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (no change). Instagram followers: 178 (no change).