Saturday, March 31, 2018

Personal Digest Saturday: March 24 – March 30 [GIF Warning]

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I procrastinated on doing my blogging, chatted to my sister on the phone for a few hours, and ate "macaroni and nothing." (It's something that happens in Steven Universe when someone eats all his macaroni cheese.) Did a little cleaning also.
  • Sunday I caught up on messages online and later Kari came over for the first time in like years, and I got to catch up with her. I drew some writing webcomic stuff while talking to her. After she left I had to start avoiding the Internet because new Steven Universe episodes were about to come out on the network's app and I knew it'd be loaded with spoilers. But I still accidentally saw one exceptionally cute spoiler and got all weepy about it because I AM VERY INVESTED OKAY. Also spilled black marker ink all over my hands while trying to refill a marker so that was fun.
  • Monday was hard and it kicked my ass. We had to finish FOUR letters to various districts of the DOT and my boss was in Miami. I had to proofread them all and prepare associated documents--it was pretty stressful. Then Jeaux picked me up and I GOT TO GO WATCH FOUR NEW EPISODES OF STEVEN UNIVERSE while eating pizza. It was nice to have after a rough day. We enjoyed the episodes and two of them dealt directly with my favorite character. YESSS. I didn't do anything for the rest of the night except look at cartoon stuff and fill up Facebook chatting about it with my friends who also watch the show. My thread got 161 comments. (Granted, most of it was me.)
  • Tuesday I avoided important things I should have done, and sent information to a teaming partner at work. At home I updated a quiz database I maintain with quiz questions about the new SU episodes. Chatted with my friends and worked on my webcomic.
  • Wednesday was database stuff at work. Wrote a blog and hung out with Jeaux. We bought comics, ate dinner at Ichiban Sushi, went grocery shopping, and hung out chatting. I read my comic and posted blog things about it like usual.
  • Thursday I got up early to listen to a SU podcast about Garnet, made my post on Tumblr, and went back to sleep for a while. I went to work wearing a shirt with her on it and someone on the bus said they liked it. :D GARNET FANS!! I wrote my webcomic script, worked on a database, and got a ride home. I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich with a blowtorch. I drew a picture of Garnet with a kitty cat while on the phone with Victor, and then finally I started working on my webcomic but I didn't get much done.
  • Friday I helped with business development and finished a vote-counting task I promised one of the Leaders I would complete for them on SU Amino. Then at home I worked on my webcomic and got it up on time, and also finished my other webcomic and still had time to draw another Garnet picture that expressed some of the crap I've been dealing with lately.
New Reviews of My Book:

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:



Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I'm getting rides home more often because I'm staying later, so I'm still not done with the book I'm reading, but I did get a four-star review written for the latest Steven Universe comic book (#14).
  • Currently readingThe Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
    New singing performances:

    This week's song was "Change of Heart" by Cyndi Lauper.



    Stuff Drawn:


    A Steven Face: Drawn to accompany my Facebook
    post about the show where people could chat about the new episodes.


    Garnet sees eye to eye with her new kitten, Cat Steven.
    That's right kitty, boop the visor and you get an eyeball. (Or two, or three.)
    Garnet and the weight of leadership, surrounded by her words. Sigh.





    Webcomic So You Write Issue 82: "New Edition."











    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0672: "Something in His Blood."






    New videos:

    None. 

    New photos:


    Eating macaroni cheese.


    Forlornly eating macaroni and nothing.
    Saw a cute spoiler, got weepy.
    Getting ready to safely cook sandwiches with fire
    This isn't a good way to cook grilled cheese, trust me.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,276 for swankivy (1 new), 664 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 912 for swankivy (2 new), 1,317 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 658 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,501 (2 new). Instagram followers: 139 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment