Sunday, August 27, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: August 19 – August 25

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday morning my mom texted and said she decided she should go to the hospital, so I went with her and stayed with her in the emergency room until she got admitted, and then I stayed with her the whole day pretty much. I brought some stuff to do but didn't do any of it. It seemed like she was in good hands though and I went home to do some blog stuff and get some rest.
  • Sunday I found out my mom was doing pretty well but she would still have to stay in the hospital so I went to her house for her and got some of the stuff she wanted, and then went to the hospital again and spent the day there with her. I got some digital drawing done and had lots of good chats with her. I was mostly just happy to see her eat stuff. Besides that, I just did a few music things and tuckered out. The duet I recorded got another feature on the front page of that site I like.
  • Monday I had to go to work but my mom got released from the hospital and was well enough to drive herself home. I missed the bus because I was tired but it all worked out. The eclipse was mostly uneventful for where I was, but we tried to look at it. I did a transcript at the office and dealt with some stuff regarding a new employee. Jeaux invited me out for Moe's food so we got together and then I went home and did some drawing.
  • Tuesday it was more transcripts for me. I went home after work, talked to my dad on the phone, did some planning for upcoming comics, and played with some new toys: Steven Universe building sets from McFarlane. I built 4 out of the 6 sets I got.
  • Wednesday I hired movers and did some housekeeping. I met up with Jeaux after work and we ate at Vallarta's, listened to Night Vale, watched People of Earth and Wrecked, and played with my toys. I stayed up all night building the remaining two sets! It was fun.
  • Thursday I worked on a proposal all day at work, took a nap after work, and talked to Victor while drawing my comic.
  • Friday was eventful! I had to work and stayed late working on a proposal, and then my friend Eric picked me up and we went to Drink and Draw straight from the office. I drew a comic and some fanart, hung out with my friends, and ate the vegetarian sandwich I love so much. :)
Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week I performed "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinéad O'Connor.

     


    New drawings: 

    First: a series of three drawings I did for a collaboration I'm doing with a writer on Amino. (I'm illustrating the story.) These are all hand-drawn and hand-inked, then digitally colored. It's a weird combination.





    And here's a digital doodle I did of a very early version of Garnet that people tend to call "Cotton Candy Garnet" for obvious reasons. (I doodled this while I was hanging out in the hospital.) This is entirely digital--there were no physical drawings for this one.



    And then there was a very silly thingie I did where I drew Garnet marrying herself. And her family is so proud.






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0641: "Fast Song."






    New videos:

    My latest unlisted ukulele video is a duet from Steven Universe: "What Can I Do (For You)," which is sung by Rose Quartz and Greg Universe--Steven's parents. The Greg part is supposed to have a rockin' guitar solo at the end while Rose goes off to dance with someone else, which is why I go "bye" at the end.

    It got featured on the front page of Steven Universe Amino! (And if you want to see how the original sounds, here is a good link to "What Can I Do (For You)" from the show.)






    New photos:

    Let's just say my photos of the eclipse were not great.
    My completed McFarlane Toy sets.
    Joy drew Ducky at Drink and Draw.
    My sleepy squint at Drink and Draw.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,288 for swankivy (lost 2), 650 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 877 for swankivy (3 new), 1,338 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1--I unfriended someone) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,505 (3 new). Instagram followers: 121 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment