Saturday, July 29, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: July 22 – July 28

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Drink and Draw! I had to get my comic stuff ready and my blogging done, and for some reason I stopped working on stuff a bunch of times to draw pictures and transcribe interviews I liked from a recent comic convention (featuring some of my favorite Steven Universe creators and voice actors). I was ready JUST in time for Eric to come pick me up! We went to the event and I drew my webcomic and some fan art. My friends and I had a good time and Eric slept over.
  • Sunday I did my usual music videos for karaoke and ukulele, but the ukulele cover was special because I also did a violin part. Unfortunately I'm not good at violin anymore so it sounded pretty bad but hey, I'm an amateur. Live with it. My Tumblr blog for cartoons hit 1100 followers so I got to post my milestone drawing, and for some reason the person who created Steven Universe followed my blog and I . . . have no idea why she would want to follow me!! Maybe it was an accident. Mom came over and brought me a lemon meringue pie and gave me a costume piece she has been helping with, so I tried my costume on and took cheesy pictures. ;) I did laundry and went to sleep.
  • Monday I worked late to help with a letter again. After work I went grocery shopping and didn't get much done because I fell asleep early.
  • Tuesday I woke up early because I fell asleep so early, so I did a drawing before work like a big dork. We had some stuff moving around in the office because we were getting a new employee the next day. I worked on some proposals, went home, practiced ukulele, and browsed some rental properties. And then I drew two MORE pieces of fanart. I'm really on fire with this.
  • Wednesday I worked with the new employee to get some new-person stuff for her, and I worked on a technical proposal for something we got shortlisted on. My co-worker took me home and I met Jeaux and we ate at PDQ and watched Wrecked and the first episode of the new season of People of Earth. After he left I drew more dorky stuff.
  • Thursday I had to work on a transcript of an interview at work. Kept me busy most of the day. My boss decided not to pursue some of the proposals I'd been working on. Oh well! My co-worker dropped me off at the music store where I went to get my ukulele restrung and I bought a new ukulele! It's a nicer one so I have an upgrade, plus I have plans to do a design modification on my beginner uke so I can have one that matches my costume I'm doing at the convention in August. Talked to Victor on the phone and drew webcomics.
  • Friday I finished the transcript and went to see a townhome but it wasn't really what I was looking for. Went home and got a cool package and listened to a podcast while drawing my webcomic's last few frames. Posted them and also drew a goofy one-panel comic of some SU characters (surprise). 
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
    • Andrea F did a video review of my book, but it's in Spanish so my solely English-speaking viewers will not be able to enjoy this one. :)
    • Tumblr blogger asexual-society made an ace-spec YouTubers list and of course I'm on it.
    Reading progress:
      New singing performances:

      This week I performed "One Sweet Love" by Sara Bareilles. I really like how this one came out a lot!!

       


      New drawings: 

      I drew a LOT again this week. Sorry for the image spam. 


      Drink and Draw fanart. It's Mystery Girl on a date with Pearl, trying to feed her cake.

      Then an early-morning drawing of Steven and Garnet having breakfast. He's quite lucky to eat waffles in the best lap in the world.

      Random beach drawing of the Crystal Gems, featuring a return of their canon beach outfits.
      Here's an art experiment: I filled a grid with "photo booth" pictures of two favorite characters, in this case Garnet and Stevonnie being dorks.
      And then I did a more high-quality drawing of my favorite pose from the snapshots.
      And my quick drawing of Ruby and Sapphire with their message about fighting not quite figured out.



      Webcomic So You Write Issue 74: "Mary Sue."









      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0637: "A Bigger Challenge."






      New videos:

      Another unlisted ukulele video: This one is a duet, featuring me playing competently on ukulele and poorly on violin. It's called "The Jam Song" and it is from Steven Universe. Sorry, I'm not good at violin anymore.




      New photos:


      Here's a little preview of my Stevonnie cosplay


      My Lion plushie from San Diego Comic Con came in!

      Social Media Counts:

      YouTube subscribers: 5,294 for swankivy (lost 4), 646 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 878 for swankivy (1 new), 1,337 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,497 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 119 (1 new).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment