- OKAY so Saturday was driving school again! I drove around for like 17 miles and practiced some parking and didn't run over any cones. I was also pleased with my bus navigation abilities; I took the right bus there and back and didn't get lost. I worked on a video about my upstairs neighbors' stomping so I could show it to the apartment manager, but I didn't finish it before the office closed. I got Skype-interviewed by a student doing an asexuality documentary, and the interviewer liked my cartoon coffee mug--yes, I was interviewed by a Steven Universe fan (whose favorite Gem is also Garnet, by the way, wow). I talked to my sister P on the phone while redecorating for spring, and after that I did my blogging and stuff. Whee!
- Sunday I did music, watched cartoons, and played with my new Amino app. (I was kinda talked into joining it because they have a Steven Universe app and they figured I'd fit in there. I do. Except the place is very, very young.) I finished redecorating and talked to Dad and Sarah on the phone. And I ate pizza!
- Monday I did some Access training and was able to get a start on making the database I wanted. Something I posted--a collection of toy photos--got "featured" on the Amino app so I kept getting nice messages and occasional people trying to buy my toys, haha. ("What would you sell me? How much? I'll go ask my mom." Haha.) I got a chance to draw at lunch, and after work my mom picked me up and we had some rice together before going grocery shopping. Did some relaxing and fell asleep early.
- Tuesday I woke up late again so I had to do a paid ride. I wonder if this will happen to me once a week or so until I start driving myself? I started to really figure out Access, I think, and my dad picked me up from work and took me over to a parking lot so I could practice some more driving skills. I ended up driving all the way home, including on a very busy road (Dale Mabry Highway, during rush hour). We drove to a pizza place and had pizzas there, and then hung out at my house where he helped me with some stuff about how to manage savings and 401(k) stuff. After he left I bought some silly things online and read a liveblog.
- Wednesday I just barely got to the bus stop in time. I did database stuff ALL DAY LONG and then went back to my neighborhood to meet up with Jeaux. We ate Five Guys food and talked about cartoons. After he left I was so sleepy that I fell asleep very soon.
- Thursday was a long, sort of boring day filling up my Access database with, well, data. The database does what I want! I can get it to respond to queries with the information I actually wanted it to find, in a digestible and usable format! Now I just have to put a bunch of data in it so it will be useful. My boss is helping me with it, and he commented that I'm already "becoming a guru at this, too." Wow. A co-worker drove me home so I had time to stop into the apartment office and pick up a package! It was toys! I entered a contest on the Amino app, talked to Victor on the phone, and saw a leaked episode of my cartoon. Shocking. :o And I found out someone ripped off the comic I drew and put it on YouTube without credit or permission. Also shocking. And I ate a potato.
- Friday I just spent the day tooling around with the Access database. Most of the projects in it still have no descriptions and I'm basically just trying to find descriptions. I reviewed the book I finished reading on the bus, got a ride home with my co-worker again, and did webcomics. Mom came over for a little while and I ate yogurt she brought. After Mom left I posted my other webcomic too and went to bed.
New reviews of my book:
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- The video where my fan comic was ripped off without permission. You can see people in the comments saying it was crappy to take it and some other people trying to find out who drew it because there was no way to find out. (I have contacted the person privately, but they haven't responded yet. If they don't respond, I will probably submit a copyright ticket to YouTube.)
- Finished this week: Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty.
This week's performance was "Here Comes a Thought" by Rebecca Sugar.
Webcomic So You Write Issue 70: "On Tour."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0620: "Can't Imagine."
My latest writing video is called "Just Keep Trying!" and it is about persistence. People love to advise writers who are experiencing rejection to just keep trying and don't give up, but sometimes persistence isn't the only thing you need to get to yes. You need to be willing to reevaluate your approach or your product, and this video gives five tips on doing that.
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" in the style of Tiny Tim. I promised my dad a long time ago that I would learn this song so happy birthday, Dad. ;)
|I'm taking a lot of boring morning coffee selfies lately.|
|Secret superhero under my work shirt.|
|Me offering proof that I'm the original artist as part of a |
requirement for the art contest I entered.
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,306 for swankivy (7 new), 625 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 853 for swankivy (5 new), 1,322 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 291 friends (I defriended an acquaintance for being a butt sandwich to someone else) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,487 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 109 (5 new).