Saturday, November 12, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: November 5 – November 11

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday the most exciting thing I did was eat a pizza all by myself. I did some blogging and photo updating online, and cleaned up some leftover stuff I'd been ignoring after last weekend's party.
  • Sunday I hung out with my friend Joy. We went out to Mojo Books to drink coffee and shop for used books, and we hung out at my house until pretty late at night just talking about everything. She's someone I'd like to see more often but really don't get to.
  • Monday was made weird by Daylight Savings. My company's president was visiting from Portland, but I didn't get to see much of him because he had so many meetings. I got my grocery shopping done after work and read a bunch of old journal entries.
  • Tuesday my work computer was acting weird and it messed with my ability to do work. After work my mom got some GrillSmith food and we spent the evening watching the pretty baffling results of the election. She left before anything was called, but I stayed up until the final results were in. President Trump? Bizarre! After my mom left but before the end of the election, I recorded a video for my asexuality channel, too.
  • Wednesday my work computer was still screwy so I had to work with the IT guy all day to get it back to how it needed to be. It wasn't too bad but it was tiresome. I then met Jeaux and we ate at Flippers and talked politics because that's what everyone does the day after elections. After he left I did some processing on the video I'd recorded but I didn't have time to finish uploading it.
  • Thursday at work was super busy, probably partly because I didn't get much done the day before. Then I went home in the dark and accidentally uploaded my video to the wrong account so I had to start all over. I talked to Victor on the phone and finished drawing my comic. It was my 600th issue of Negative One so I put some extra work into the frames and did it all in marker!
  • Friday was uneventful--pretty busy at work, uploaded my 600th comic, and finally made a dent in my new video's subtitling. (Still hadn't finished it by the end of the night, but I'll finish later.)

New reviews of my book:
  • "Amazon Customer" gave it a five-star review.
  • And yet again the number of reviews on Goodreads has gone up by one and yet the newest review the site will show me is one I already saw last week. No matter what you do, sorting with "newest" at the top, it still mixes reviews from years ago in with the newest ones and does not actually have a way to see what's newest. I'm really frustrated with that because it keeps happening.
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
        • Dose.com has an article called "No, Asexuals Aren't Sociopaths And Robots and it mentions my book and me. It's a little oversimplified and sometimes misleading, like where it says asexual people might want romantic relationships but that they'd be "without the sex, obviously."
          Reading progress:
          • Finished this week: I AM A SLACKER SO NO I DID NOT READ
          • Currently reading: The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson.
            New singing performances:

            This week's performance was "My Life" by Billy Joel.



            New drawings:

            Negative One weekly webcomic is up:



            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0600: "Cry On Me."






            New videos:

            My latest asexuality video is "Letters to an Asexual #41," which discusses some negative experiences I've had regarding asexuality in my everyday life. 

             

            My latest unlisted ukulele video is a messy version of "Fireflies" by Owl City, which I dedicated to Jessie.

             

            New photos:

            Just a coffee selfie that I took while out with Joy.

            Social Media counts:
             
            YouTube subscribers: 5,346 for swankivy (no change), 604 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 860 for swankivy (no change), 1,317 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 641 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 57 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,491 (3 new). Instagram followers: 89 (no change).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment