Saturday, June 29, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: June 22 – June 28

Life news this week:
  • Saturday began another week that was just as busy as the previous week for some reason! I hung out with Meghan and we didn't really have an agenda, which was nice to do for once. She and I ate at Burger Monger (I had a Beyond Burger!) and had artichokes for dinner. We also watched some animatics from the Steven Universe DVD and just enjoyed each other's company.
  • Sunday Meghan and I hung out in the morning and then she left to go home. I spent the afternoon chilling at my table, doing laundry, and doing a bunch of preparation for the upcoming team interview with my co-workers, as well as writing my speech for my upcoming USF talk. It was pretty intense work but I did all the research I needed for work and got the talk written as well. I did karaoke and then got a transcript done for work, but couldn't finish the other transcript that had been assigned to me.
  • Monday was very busy at the office. I had a long letter to edit (and it was more of a pain than usual fitting it into the page requirement), plus I had to finish the other transcript, order lunch for the interview practice group, and rehearse with the team. I've never been to an interview before, not in 13 years of supporting engineers! I had to be ready in case they asked a utility question because I'm the utility coordinator. Unfortunately the air conditioning also died so we were very uncomfortable. When I got home I finished the transcript and transferred my USF talk to index cards. I went to sleep early.
  • Tuesday I got to work early, ate donuts, suffered in the heat because of no air conditioning, and rehearsed one more time with the group. There was a mini-crisis because of spilled water that got all over our map that we had to bring. We had to make another one. We made it over to the DOT and had our interview. We DID have to answer a utilities question! I'm glad I was prepared! After that, I had some research to do back at the office, but I was able to go home early and get a little rest before the USF talk. I practiced the talk one time and it was short enough to fit in the time slot. I took a Lyft over to the USF Library and met with the organizer, Eric, who was very accommodating and pleasant. The talk went well and the members of the group were attentive and engaged. I spoke on traditional publication and some Pitch Wars stuff. After, Eric and I went out to eat Thai food and talk about publishing and science fiction. It was nice! After it was over, I crashed.
  • Wednesday I got up early and read a Steven Universe comic online before going to work. When I got in, the copy machine AND the AC were broken. What a day! I wrangled repair options and didn't have that much stuff to do beyond that, though I found plenty to keep me busy. Did an errand and picked up the physical copies of my comics. After work, I met Jeaux at my house because he no longer gets off at a time that is convenient to pick me up. We ate at Moe's and shopped at Publix, watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and had some adventures with a flipped breaker and a giant frog in my bathroom. I can't get a break--stuff is always exciting and tiring.
  • Thursday it was cooler because of the previous night's rain. The copy machine got fixed but the air conditioning keeps not being fixed. I did some catch-up work and then after I got home I built a bizarre Pile of Food from a Steven Universe episode. I ate what I could of it and fell asleep early.
  • Friday was another hot day. The air conditioning was better but still not fixed. I did some drawing and silly stuff, tried to organize my login info for an upcoming data entry job I'll be doing, and after work I had to work on my comic. Victor came over and I finished my comic while he was here. Then we ate burritos and watched a silly sketch comedy television show.

New reviews of my book:


Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. There was too much social stuff and weird eating to really see any progress. I'm making the screencaps smaller to avoid it being so ugly on the blog.




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Haven't finished the current book, but I read #29 of the ongoing Steven Universe comic book series and I gave it a five-star review.
  • Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Wrong Impression" by Natalie Imbruglia.




    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0737: "Wrong Before."






    New videos:

    None, but working on it!

    New photos:


    Meghan and me waiting for our food at Burger Monger
    My Beyond Burger!


    Gals with their artichokes
    What I wore to the office interview
    PILE OF FOOD based on a cartoon
    Victor helping me eat the Piles of Food



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,257 for swankivy (2 new), 681 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 970 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,340 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (1 new, but it's actually just the new account of someone who was already friends with me) and 205 followers (lost 2) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (no change). Instagram followers: 180 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment