- Went to Drink and Draw on Saturday! Got to see all my old artist
friends and hang out. It was great to chill with Eric again, though as
usual Gary's presence was a horrifying experience that I was forced to
- Sunday night/Monday morning
obviously I was in the hospital, so. That was fun. I didn't actually
spend very long in the emergency room and I didn't get admitted. Then I
went to the doctor for a follow-up on Thursday and got a referral to a
cardiologist so I have to do that next week. None of it is fun. Boo.
- Finished one more chapter in the midst of all this nonsense. Good for me.
- Got another article published, this time in Drunk Monkeys. It's called "Asexual, Aromantic, Partnerless, Childless - and Happy."
- I processed a new video
for my writing channel, which I filmed the week before but didn't put
together until this week. It was about what agents can do for you
besides sell your book.
- Jeaux Day involved eating
burritos at Moe's. We didn't really do anything after that--just chatted
about Internet stuff and amused ourselves.
- Mommy was a
big help all week. She took me to the emergency room on Monday morning,
but also drove me to work on Tuesday and home, and we ate at Sweet
Tomatoes that night--and then she came over AGAIN on Friday with comfort
food because I had a terrible day.
- This was honestly one of the worst weeks I've had in a long time, and not just because of the health stuff--I also dealt with some huge disappointments related to writing stuff, and it's taking a lot out of me. Anyone who reads this, please be gentle with me in the immediate future. Thanks.
- Nobody this week. :(
- "Asexual, Aromantic, Partnerless, Childless - and Happy": Drunk Monkeys published a short article about my experience.
- Completed reading: The Tropes of Fantasy Fiction by Gabrielle Lissauer. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul. I liked listening to her music in middle school!
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0511: "Any Words."
Here's a new one for my writing channel called "What Literary Agents Do (Besides Sell Your Book!)."
|Me at Drink & Draw|
|Here I am with Eric, the creator of Drink & Draw|
|A few other Drink & Draw artists!|
|Eric preparing to draw|
|Getting set up with my supplies|
|And obviously my hospital selfie.|
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,355 for swankivy (28 new this week), 436 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 611 for swankivy (lost 2), 842 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 277 friends (no change) and 158 followers (no change) for swankivy, 52 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 101 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,827 (4 new).