Life news this week:New reviews of my book:
- Saturday I shared my cool new comic with Tumblr and Amino but no one seemed to care about this one. Welp. I was pretty surprised because I planned it for a long time and thought it would be relevant and appealing to the fan base, but maybe it just didn't hit the right eyes at the right time or something. I cleaned up my place, talked to Meggie on the phone, and downloaded some transcripts.
- Sunday I made some GIFs for Tumblr about Garnet with some analysis, and the post got a bunch of attention. Woohoo. (I got some new fans, too.) I practiced ukulele, did laundry, helped Mom scan some more stuff, and recorded a karaoke song.
- Monday I had to work on marketing letters and a transcript, so that took most of the day. I worked on my monthly webcomic and recorded a new ukulele song. Made a cute drawing of chibi Crystal Gems to celebrate hitting 1800 followers on my Tumblr.
- Tuesday I worked on some money stuff and helped set up a new employee at work. Took a short nap at home and made an asexuality video, and drew a few frames of a new cute comic.
- Wednesday I continued my cartography classes at work. We had to learn math stuff and I couldn't believe I got all the questions right on the quiz at the end! Jeaux and I ate at Precinct Pizza and went to see his new place, which is little but cute, and he figured out how to organize it really well. He and I shopped at Target and went to my house, and had our usual chats.
- Thursday I spent a bunch of time on marketing letters and updating databases. I helped our new employee with a bunch of stuff again. After work I completed a massive to-do list because I wanted to have Friday free to hang out with Victor: I made it to the post office JUST before they closed to pick up a package, I framed some new posters, I cleaned up my house and took a shower, I posted my video and subtitled it, and I finished drawing my webcomic.
- Friday I worked on letters and databases at work. And the utility coordination is coming back up with one of our projects so it's tiring. I went home and finished posting my webcomic. Victor came over and we got some Chinese food, I caught him up on Steven Universe episodes (he was 4 behind), and then we made an ube roll which did not turn out as purple as I wanted but it was still good!
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
- A thread on Reddit recommended my book to someone looking for help in explaining their asexuality to family members.
- Finished this week: Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins. Two-star review.
- Currently reading: Gwenpool #2 by Christopher Hastings.
This week's song was "If I Were a Boy" by Beyoncé.
|We~ are the chibi Gems!|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 83: "Infodump."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0676: "Someone Littler."
A new ukulele cover--here I am doing a relatively new Steven Universe song called "G-G-G-Ghost." I had to learn a new chord for this one.
As for info about the song. . . . I'm performing as a character named Sadie who just started performing in a band called Sadie Killer and the Suspects, and they have a spooky stuff gimmick. This was from their first big performance. But it's interesting to me because the character has a history of being ignored and overlooked, so her singing about being a ghost that no one can see is a pretty neat perspective. Check it out.
Letters to an Asexual #57 is about a guy messaging me on OKCupid asking really personal questions and acting like he's looking for what's missing, while also sorta flirting with me.
|Jeaux in his new apartment!|
|Selfie with ube roll!|
|Victor acted like he was gonna eat the whole thing in one bite.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,282 for swankivy (lost 2), 671 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 922 for swankivy (6 new), 1,319 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 204 followers (no change) for swankivy, 655 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 56 likes for Negative One (1 new), 133 likes for So You Write (8 new). Tumblr followers: 2,503 (no change). Instagram followers: 140 (no change).