Life news this week:
- Saturday I slept late and had coffee in the morning, and then my friend Kari came over for a Steven Universe marathon. We got pizza and watched 18 episodes in a row. After she left, I made Lion Lickers, which is a frozen dessert inspired by the show.
- Sunday I talked to Jessie on the phone and bought my tickets for airline travel and hotel stay for her wedding! Then I got some donuts with Jeaux and gave him some boxes so he could use them for moving, and at night I made fry bits and fire salt donuts for a party the next day.
- Monday at work was pretty typical--we sent out one letter to the DOT, and kinda abandoned work on another because my boss thought we didn't have much of a chance to win the work. I went home and got ready for the party, and Jeaux picked me up. We went to St. Pete Beach to my friend Iri's house and had a Steven Universe party in honor of the airing of a new episode. (It wasn't new to us though because it was pre-released on the network's app a few weeks ago.) Enjoyed meeting their friends and hanging out. Jeaux and I ate at IHOP on the way home and I crashed.
- Tuesday was a rainy day and at work I couldn't get some of my stuff done because I didn't have a file I was promised, so my work had to get moved to the next day. :p I got a ride home and I made a Dog-Nut. I took a nap and slept too much, then got up and spent a few hours playing around online and finishing a drawing.
- Wednesday I didn't see Jeaux because he was busy moving! I worked on the project I now had the file for all day, and then after work I went to my mom's just to hang out. Nothing eventful but I got some drawings done.
- Thursday I spent some time on downloading pictures for my boss and preparing some letter stuff. I forgot my wallet at home so I had to take Lyft to and from work. Came home, made a Nut-Dog, and drew my webcomic while talking to Victor. I posted my webcomic before I went to bed because I had a concert the next day.
- Friday I worked like usual, then went home and got ready to go out. I took Lyft to the Straz and met up with my old friend Steven whom I have not seen in eighteen years. He had invited me to take his extra ticket to go see Randy Rainbow, with whom I was unfamiliar, but it was pretty funny--the guy does parodies of popular songs or show tunes and they all make fun of Trump. Steven and I got to catch up a little over Taco Bus and then he took me home and he went back to Orlando. Hooray.
- Finished this week: Nothing! I rode the bus really rarely this week because of getting rides home, forgetting my wallet, and rain.
- Currently reading: Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.
This week's song was "New York City" by They Might Be Giants.
|The real story on why Garnet now wears oven mitts for baking|
even though she has enough heat tolerance to swim in lava
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0674: "Foreign Dimensions."
|Lion enjoys a Lion Licker|
|I enjoy a Lion Licker|
|Fry Bits in cups from Beach Citywalk Fries (actually homemade by me)|
|Iri, host of the Steven Universe party|
|Jeaux and me with our fry bits at the SU party|
|Xander enjoying one of my donuts|
|Matt enjoying one of my donuts|
|Strech enjoying one of my donuts|
|Adults having a cartoon-watching party, that's the best|
|Watching cartoons, comfortably|
|The Fire Salt donuts I brought!|
|My rather sad drooping Dog-Nut|
|It was actually REALLY good!|
|Went to see Randy Rainbow|
|Haven't seen Steven in 18 years! But we had a blast!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,285 for swankivy (6 new), 666 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 913 for swankivy (1 new), 1,319 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1 and don't know who, hope it was no one important) and 204 followers (no change) for swankivy, 655 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,507 (7 new). Instagram followers: 140 (1 new).