- Pretty eventful week! It's too bad I feel like total crap all the time. Guess it's time for the doctor again.
- Saturday I spent editing a video, working on a new webcomic for So You Write,
and talking to my mom and my friend Sarah on the phone. Also spent a
bunch of time submitting short stories to magazines and finishing my
newest one. Hooray, it now has an ending.
- Sunday was
very productive, but mostly the stuff I accomplished isn't very
interesting. I chatted to a writer friend helping out with stuff, picked
up some clutter, did some karaoke, and saw my mom briefly.
- Monday an article about asexuality popped up in the Washington Post, and I was quoted in it, with a little plug for my book. Nice.
I had to get up early ("early" being like 9 AM) for a photo shoot.
They're doing an article about me for Maclean's, and they wanted their
own pictures I guess. We did most of the shooting inside my apartment
and a couple outside. I took some photos at my drafting table, hanging
around on my couch, standing outside with a parasol, and . . . sitting
inside my bookcase. Haha.
- Wednesday was a weird Jeauxless Wednesday. One of my videos was featured on Everyday Feminism,
which is cool. The latter half of the day was super depressing because
of the Ferguson stuff. I talked to my mom on the phone and spent the
evening mostly just reading horrible things in the news.
was of course Thanksgiving and my mom picked me and Jeaux up to go to
Jeaux's family's house. I made pumpkin muffins to contribute and my mom
made yummy croissants. I actually only had one helping of food because
- And Friday I had the day off so I spent it packing and working on comics. I'm going to Disney World! My friends Meggie and Victor are going with me so they are coming over tonight so we can get an early start tomorrow, and I'll include whatever happens Friday night as part of my blog extravaganza next week.
- Bibliotropic: Ria posted a thorough, personal review of the book on her book review site. She reposted versions of that review on Amazon (five stars, with title "This book gave me the words I was lacking to fully express myself, and answered questions I wasn't sure how to ask.") and Goodreads (five stars).
- Washington Post: "Asexuals seek to raise awareness of the 'invisible orientation.'"
- Everyday Feminism: "Sh*t People Say to Asexuals."
- Writerly Goodness: I was in a link list for this week's "writerly goodness" for one of my advice posts.
- Didn't finish any books this week. ;( Too busy! But I'm still currently reading Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Now I Can Die" by Nina Gordon. (I randomly decided to change the genders discussed in the song so I could make it about two ladies. I don't know why.)
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0498: "Some Epic Plan."
My video on querying mistakes might help some of y'all who are approaching agents. :)
|Pumpkin muffins I made for Thanksgiving!|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 4,103 for swankivy (28 new this week), 407 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 589 for swankivy (3 new), 796 for JulieSondra (9 new). Facebook: 273 friends (no change) and 153 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 495 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 87 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,697 (1 new).