- Not sure what's going on with my health but I'm feeling gross all
the time. It seems to be resulting in me not getting very much done.
Which is still more than most people do, haha, but . . . you know.
a new short story, but got stumped by the ending and haven't completed
it. I think I'm close to figuring out how it ends, but it will require
some annoying rewriting. It's kinda exciting though because I'm going to
be submitting it to a magazine that has put out a submissions call for
science fiction stories by queer authors.
- Talked to my
sister P on the phone on Sunday and made some tentative plans for the
baby's first birthday, which will happen when they are all visiting us
in December. AGGHHH! And now Ash is eleven months old, and has learned
to cuddle. ♥
- Still going back and forth with that
magazine that wants to come take pictures of me to illustrate their
article. I think they're just going to take pictures of me in my
- I won $500 in a sweepstakes. !!!! You
know how you think nobody ever actually wins those things? This time it
was me. That's good because I already committed to a vacation and if I
hadn't won the money I would have had to dig it out of my savings
account probably because I'm broke from a couple necessary things and
lending money to a friend.
- Jeaux and I ate at Moe's. I
had a Joey Junior burrito with tofu. He gets onions on his burritos and
they make me want to smack him. We went back to my place and watched Korra and talked about books. He tried to help me think of how to end my story.
didn't do much productive stuff this week--just some editing for a
friend, a little e-mail, some blogging, some video-making, and some
writing. I don't know why I'm such a poop.
- Next week, I'm going to be getting ready for Disney World. Hopefully I will feel good while vacationing.
- excellent book:
Five-star Amazon review by dave eastwood. (It's not actually new, but I
just found out the UK site has a separate review site from the US
Amazon site, so I've never posted this one before!)
- Asexuality In a Sexual World: Additional content in the author's review of Part 2.
- ReviewFix interviewed me about my book. Some of the content is about asexuality and some of it is about the process of writing the book.
- The Asexual Agenda linked me for the above interview and also linked to the Good article I was in last week.
- Finished this week: Open Letter to Quiet Light by Francesca Lia Block. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0497: "Quite an Ordeal."
In Letters to an Asexual #22, I talk about in-fighting in the asexual community and feature one sad example of someone in our own community trying to invalidate other asexual people as not being asexual enough.
Nothing interesting, I just have my haircut comparison photos to show you this time.
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 4,075 for swankivy (22 new this week), 404 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 586 for swankivy (no change), 787 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 273 friends (1 new) and 151 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 494 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 87 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 1,696 (7 new).