- Mostly spent the weekend helping writer friends--read the beginning
of a friend's book to help with agent querying, getting excited about a
third request for my alternate from Pitch Wars, and giving perspectives
- I also did some submissions of short
stories to magazines, and some revisions to some book descriptions on my
site. And I wrote up a transcript for one of my videos that I hadn't
gotten around to subtitling yet, but it wouldn't sync, so I might have
to code it manually. :/
- On Tuesday my mom came over for
Chinese food and her favorite homemade Parmesan biscuits. It got started
much later than we intended because of Attack of Nap, but at least we
got to see each other. ;)
- I ate at Applebee's with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode and saw that ridiculous Too Many Cooks thing everyone was talking about. It was wild.
- Had dinner with Dad at Macaroni Grill on Friday. We got to catch up on our respective activities and eat too much food.
- After the comic was done, I started writing a new short story, but it's not done yet. I've got about 1800 words of it done.
- I had some media stuff this week: An article about asexuality popped up in Marie Claire UK featuring me and some other asexual people; I am in the process of organizing a photo shoot for a future piece with Maclean's; and I had a phone chat with a Washington Post writer who's reviewing my book.
- Barbara Klasser's Goodreads review: Five stars.
- Five stars: Five-star Amazon review by Peace.
- It's high time such a book was published: Five-star Amazon review by Barbara W. Klasser.
- Asexuality In a Sexual World: Review of Part 2.
- Marie Claire UK:
Link goes to my blog with some discussion of the text I'm in, but if
you're not in the UK, you can't get the physical magazine, and there's
no free online version. You can buy a digital issue of December 2014 here.
- Good Magazine:
This article discusses asexuality, leaning on my book to explore
nuances. Though it incorrectly reports that I "first explored [my]
identity through AVEN." Not sure where they got that since I have been
blogging about it since 1998, first got interviewed on it in 2005,
created my YouTube series in 2009, and gave several more major
interviews before finally joining AVEN in 2010.
- Dan Koboldt: Fellow Pitch Wars mentor Dan mentioned me a couple times in his writeup discussing what he learned as a mentor.
- Finished this week: The Cardturner by Louis Sachar. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Open Letter to Quiet Light by Francesca Lia Block.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Gloomy Sunday" by Billie Holiday. This song may be a bit disturbing for sensitive viewers.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0496: "The Way We Play."
None this week.
|A morning with well-deserved coffee.|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 4,053 for swankivy (26 new this week), 402 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 586 for swankivy (6 new), 783 for JulieSondra (13 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 149 followers (no change) for swankivy, 494 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 85 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,686 (13 new).