Life news this week:
- Saturday I got a bunch of blogging done early and watched a panel from New York Comic Con about the upcoming SU book. Then I took a break to watch Hamilton on Disney Plus with Dad and Connie. They really enjoyed it and sat through the whole thing with no intermission! After hanging out with them, I talked to Jeaux on the phone and took a walk. Some really bad golfers were out there in groups and I found five balls in my yard! I helped Jeaux cook pasta over the phone. Took another long walk and came back and posted my video of playing a Steven Universe song on ukulele.
- Sunday I got a lot of my housework and errands done early. Had to take a couple tries at my karaoke today because the first take accidentally used my low-quality webcam for sound (settings issues!) and it was unlistenable. Too bad. Talked to my friend Sarah on the phone while doing laundry. Was able to sort through some of my more recent e-mail and got through a bunch of stuff. And I edited my video featuring Cat, but I haven't gotten to the transcript at all yet.
- Monday was a stressful work day. Had to deal with some data inconsistencies and putting out a bunch of fires. I finished reading the Animorphs graphic novel and reviewed it. Played games with my friends online. Bought or bid on a bunch of SU merch online. Did some budget stuff.
- Tuesday was a very good day. It was Victor's birthday but his present from me got stolen? Anyway, I finally hit my first goal weight and therefore I've officially lost 10 pounds. And I got my work done at work relatively early. Then my Steven Universe art book was delivered on release day and I got to spend the entire rest of the day playing with it--reading it and reviewing it.
- Wednesday wasn't too stressful at work but there was a lot to do, so I did it. Got to harass some utilities people. Got my book reviews posted. Then Jeaux came over and we grocery shopped, ate breakfast for dinner, and watched some Umbrella Academy season 2.
- Thursday I had a weird sleep and got up early. Also decided to make some doctor's appointments (nothing to worry about but I'll let ya know if there is), and they said I had to have bloodwork first so I scheduled that for the next day. And Amazon refunded me for Victor's present, which we confirmed stolen because the remains of the box (with some of the candy I sent him) were found thrown behind the apartment building. Jerks! Wrote my webcomic storyboard and talked to Victor on the phone after work.
- Friday I got up early and biked to the doctor to get my bloodwork done. I had moved a meeting in case I didn't make it back in time but I did turn out to make it back in time. Oh well, still went to the moved meeting. The person who took my blood was really cute and had a cool tattoo. Then back at work I had to wrestle with a resume and handled a bunch of documents. Later called my mom and chatted with her to make some changes to Saturday plans. I had two fake hot dogs and a potato for dinner! I couldn't finish the potato in one sitting--I overestimated my hunger. So I ate the rest as a midnight snack. Managed to finish my comic on time and updated my collections pages.
New Reviews of My Book:
Food Plan Update:
- Very pleased that I have lost 10 pounds since starting this program. That's a lot for a relatively small person. So I have set my final goal weight now that I've done that (another 5 pounds), and that's all I need to do to feel like I'm back at a comfortable size to fit in most of my clothes. Hooray for suddenly getting a whole new wardrobe of stuff I already own if I can do it. :) I haven't changed really anything this week, so it looks like the level of activity and food intake is still resulting in weight loss. I don't see any reason to stop doing what I'm doing.
- Finished Reading: The Invasion: The Animorphs Graphic Novel #1 by K.A. Applegate, Michael Grant, and Chris Grine. Four-star review.
- Finished Reading: Steven Universe: End of an Era by Chris McConnell. Five-star review.
This week's karaoke song is "No One" by Alicia Keys.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0805: "Unimaginable."
|Me with my End of an Era book|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,296 for swankivy (lost 2), 668 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 105 for Not-So-Giant Women (4 new). Twitter followers: 942 for swankivy (no change), 1,356 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 630 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 69 likes for Negative One (5 new), 220 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,480 (no change). Instagram followers: 206 (3 new).