Life news this week:
- Saturday was a lovely day because there were new episodes of Steven Universe! Specifically, the premiere of the new series Steven Universe Future! So they released four episodes at once. I got up early to do my blogging and drawing (which I finished nice and swiftly), and then Jeaux picked me up and we ate at this nice outdoor area on Harbour Island. We got grilled cheese sandwiches from a kiosk and listened to live music while dogs romped and children played. Then we went up to his apartment and watched the cartoons. We ended up rewatching part of one and talking about it for like an hour and a half before he took me home. I updated some stuff online to reflect some trivia and shared some fun images, and discussed the show with my friends online.
- Sunday I cleaned up the slobbish mess I'd left the night before and got some laundry together before my dad came over. I hadn't seen him in several months so it was nice to catch up. He took me out for sushi which was REALLY incredibly good, and we just talked about what's up in our lives. After he took off in the afternoon, I just knocked out my chores.
- Monday was busy at work. I had to spend a bunch of time on a proposal but I got it done. After work I finally got to see my friend Steve again. We hung out and I cooked for us (made a peanut butter tofu dish with couscous). It was such a nice night and he left pretty late.
- Tuesday I finished up the proposal I was working on and my co-worker took it to hand deliver to the County! Then I got to . . . work on another proposal. XD When I got home I finished up laundry I'd been ignoring and just did some online catch-up. I still haven't managed to dig myself out of my e-mail pit, though.
- Wednesday I read and reviewed the new Steven Universe comic in the morning before I went to work. The bus was super crowded for some reason! I had to coordinate long distance with my co-worker on a proposal due the next day, and I took a break in the middle to go buy comics but the comic shop near me has decided to stop selling comics so I couldn't! :o Then I finished up the proposal stuff and had to stay late. We got the documents bound and my co-worker took the box home so he could deliver it more easily in the morning. After work Jeaux took me out to Burger King where I tried the Impossible Burger (it was okay) and we went grocery shopping and didn't really do anything much after. I also got excited that I found some autographed trading cards that I've been looking for.
- Thursday Meggie's husband had surgery so I was texting with her while she waited. I guess he's okay! I did some data entry and balanced my budget. And I also finished reading my lovely friend Ronni's book and was surprised to see my name in the acknowledgments! Wow. I wrote the review for her and was very happy. At home I worked on my webcomic and talked to Victor on the phone. Good talk! Then I had to finish some stuff and go to sleep.
- Friday I finished my comic in the morning and went to work. I was busy with proposal stuff again and data entry. Also did some holiday shopping! And met with my podcast partner online to tackle two of my favorite early Season 1 episodes. We had a great time! After I was done there, I put my webcomic together and put it online, and fell asleep very shortly afterwards.
- Alisha gave it a 1-star review on Goodreads, claiming my sources are friends' Tumblr posts. LOL.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe ongoing comic #35. Five-star review.
- Finished this week: When the Stars Lead to You by Ronni Davis. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Just starting The BFG by Roald Dahl.
This week's karaoke song is "I Wish It Would Rain Down" by Phil Collins.
|To celebrate the premiere of Steven Universe Future|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0761: "Another Letter."
|Almost-complete collection of autographed cards|
|Steven Universe Future Tonight at 8!|
|Watching the premiere with Jeaux and Cookie Cats|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,264 for swankivy (1 new), 682 for JulieSondra (1 new), 15 for v & V Vids (no change), 55 for Not-So-Giant Women (27 new). Twitter followers: 974 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,356 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 209 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 649 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 21 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,508 (1 new). Instagram followers: 187 (lost 1).