Life news this week:
- Saturday I got my transcript finished for my video with Destiny and posted it. I'd planned to do a podcast with Daria but an emergency came up so we couldn't. I worked on my blogging and played around with some games. My e-mail decided that messages from my agent are spam now. LOL. I cleaned out some comments in my webmail and made some arrangements to do another ace interview.
- Sunday I did my table cleaning and chores and tried a fun skin-treating aloe mask for the first time. It was relaxing but I didn't notice any effect on my skin. I found a leak in the roof! Water started coming into the closet through the ceiling and this time I caught it in action. Welp, I found out what made my clothes wet and mildewy up there. Reported the issue to my property manager. Sent some feedback about the SU card game to one of the representatives.
- Monday I did some catch-up at work and collected timesheets. Did some work on a new episode of the podcast. got my interview scheduled to interview Cat. Talked to Meggie. Decided to sign up for an app that will help me manage my health goals.
- Tuesday I did some proposal stuff and letter stuff at work. Took a couple of walks because I was bored, then found out I could log them in the app I got. Even better! Ate a potato. Showed up for the interview with Cat but they didn't arrive for their interview so I sent a message to reschedule. Did the dishes and finished processing the podcast.
- Wednesday was slow. It seems like Wednesdays are slow. Did some forms at the office. Posted the new podcast. Did some walking. Jeaux came but he showed up late. We grocery shopped, ate lasagna, and watched Hamilton. He left at like 1 AM.
- Thursday required my attendance at a virtual work meeting. I didn't have to say anything but it was negotiations about utilities so I needed to be there. They're going to let me be the coordinator even though I don't quite have enough experience, yay! Took a walk while talking to my sister Patricia on the phone. Then right after talked to Victor about how he wants a cheesesteak. I got a little bit of art done.
- Friday I woke up a bit late so I stayed late too. I did some database stuff for project manager contacts. And requested some plans. Other than that I drew my webcomic and took an epic walk. I saw two cute dogs, saw a pair of elderly people riding a bike that let them sit next to each other, and saw some grasshoppers having sex. Also found a lake I didn't know was near me, and stood on a bridge sniffing it for a while. Came home, finished the webcomic, and went to bed late.
Articles, interviews, mentions:
- Some folks on AVEN were discussing aesthetic attraction and someone used a quote from my book to help discuss it.
New reviews of my book:
- munkchip gave it an unrated review on Goodreads.
- Big update! So I joined Noom and am on a trial right now. It's an app and it helps me track food and exercise, gives me tips, and tracks weight, with some psychological nudging goal-setting help.
- Food: It gives me a recommended calorie intake for my goal, has me enter what I eat with an easy-to-use tracker (I can even scan the barcodes of foods that have them), and sorts the foods into categories without telling me something is off limits. Just seeing how things break down and what I can do to eat better foods helps conceptualize it differently.
- Exercise: A step counter is built in. It gives me a step goal that starts really small and I'm supposed to meet it as it keeps increasing. It also allows me to log other kinds of exercise and it translates the calories I've burned doing it into a portion of calories I'm "allowed" to add to my recommended ceiling for the day. Just the step counter idea is helpful because it's encouraging me to take frequent breaks and not sit in a chair too long.
- Weight: The goal is super realistic and achievable. Based on the plan I should be able to lose 10 pounds in 3 months, though that wasn't a goal I put in or anything. It's just where the trajectory is at the end of October. It has me weigh in every day as part of my checklist. I have not lost any weight at all yet, though I've been on the plan for 5 days. But since fast weight loss isn't a goal I'm keeping, I'm okay with that.
- Finished Reading: Nothing, paused on reading projects right now!
This week's karaoke song is "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0791: "Privacy."
"Who We Are" Steven Universe the Movie Cover is up. There are two of me in a duet, doing Bismuth's part and Steven's part! Enjoy! This one was rough to play for some reason, but I made it through!
Not-So-Giant Women Episode 12: Giant Woman is up! Join Daria and Ivy as they discuss the landmark episode "Giant Woman" and cover such topics as realistic portrayals of four-armed people, analysis of how Opal works, water-balloon checkers, Pearl's sand manipulation, what's up with those beetles, who might fuse next, and whether this was Garnet's master plan all along.
|Using the aloe mask|
|Cookie Cat merchandise collection. Spot the real Cookie Cat!|
|Halfway through epic walk.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,285 for swankivy (1 new), 673 for JulieSondra (no change), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 99 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1). Twitter followers: 954 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,362 for JulieSondra (6 new). Facebook: 297 friends (no change) and 221 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 636 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 62 likes for Negative One (1 new), 158 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 83 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,477 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 204 (no change).