Life news this week:
- Saturday I slept super late and it was nice. Unfortunately I felt really good for a while and then felt crappy so I had to take headache medicine. Did Polos with my sister, talked to Meggie on the phone, and got too tired to blog. I read a bunch of news and did some transcript work on Daria's video. Wrote some stuff on Tumblr too. I was distracted all day.
- Sunday I did more sister Polos, recorded a karaoke song, and did my laundry and trash. Only got a little more of the transcript done. Taking forever. I modeled my new sweater! And wrote about some more ace stuff on Tumblr. Ate some pasta. I love mushrooms. Still doing too much reading the news.
- Monday we found out we got on the shortlist for a project and the time until the interview is super short! We had to jump in to start preparing immediately, and I'm on the interview team again. I pulled together the last of the preparations I needed to send for a county proposal and left it in my boss's hands. Did some data stuff and helped out a new employee. After work I hung out on Discord with my friends but Meghan was busy with her mother-in-law so we didn't play games. Then my mom called and I talked to her and found out after that Meggie did make it in after all and I missed her. Aw!
- Tuesday I got to sleep a little later. Worked on resumes for coworkers and ate oatmeal. Made more sister Polos. I ate some zucchini and also made some cranberry muffins. They aren't that good because the cranberries are so tart. But they're okay. Argued with a dork on a friend's Facebook page. My internet went out for a short while. I tried to record a song while I waited for it to come back but my computer wasn't behaving to record ukulele. Weird.
- Wednesday I had another early meeting, and my work computer was offline but I could still attend the meeting while IT was fixing it. Very busy day--shortlist stuff, stuff for the City of Orlando, data entry, and a letter to be sent in (one of the long kind that takes forever to proofread). I also tested out a store-bought Steven Universe costume. Haha! After work Jeaux took me shopping and we made a vegetarian sausage pasta bake! Also watched Colbert and ranted about politics. We also took a nice cold walk. I ate too much pasta. Whoops.
- Thursday I got a late start because my first appointment at work wasn't 'til 11. Did a bunch of resume stuff and uneventful meeting stuff. After work I did some comic stuff and went on walks. Talked to Victor for over three hours until I wanted to go snuggle in my bed with hot chocolate.
- Friday I got up early for interview practice! Went fine. Very busy day again with reports, timesheets, and our proposal package. After work I did comics, talked to Jeaux briefly, and ate too much candy.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- My book is mentioned on the Davenport library reference blog in a spotlight for Angela Chen's book.
New reviews of my book:
Food Plan Update:
- No significant changes this week--have continued to stay under my weight goal (despite one very heavy eating day where I had multiple helpings of a delicious pasta bake, plus candy during the week!).
- Still having days where I'm not prioritizing walking and haven't made my step goal. I need to really push myself to take more frequent breaks for walks.
- I would like to focus more on getting more balanced nutrition--I am lacking in Vitamins A and C pretty often, and need to do better with calcium. Going to try smoothies.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor. I'm on page 31.
This week's karaoke song is "The Show Must Go On" by Queen.
Daria's interview video is ready! Check out Ace Interviews #8.
|Cozy sweater modeled after Steven|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,294 for swankivy (lost 2), 667 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 110 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 935 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,355 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (no change), 626 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 74 likes for Negative One (1 new), 225 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,478 (5 new). Instagram followers: 234 (lost 1).