Saturday, March 16, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: March 9 – March 15

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had a huge to-do list and I tackled a giant chunk of it! Operation organize-lots-of-stuff begins. I started with the hardest stuff which involved organizing old and current technology (mostly in the garage), hanging up cables and organizing computer stuff in my desk. I rehomed some of my filed paperwork so it's easier to get to and file stuff I actually need. I organized DVDs and transported some music books into a new home. And I did my blogging. Fun times involved chatting with Amber and Meg on Marco Polo and eating my box of Japanese snacks.

  • Sunday, operation organize-lots-of-stuff continues. I moved books, cleaned more stuff out of the garage, incorporated some music and videos into my collection from the stuff saved from Mom's house and arranged to give away or pitch the rest, put some tools and things in my utility closet, organized books in the garage and some games and a table, and finally got to sorting through all the old vinyl records. In addition, I did my laundry, made more Polos with Amber and Meg, and made plans with Scott and Ben.

  • Monday I went to a marketing meeting and proofread and submitted three letters. After work, I put away laundry, moved books, and did an epic rearranging of my CD collection.

  • Tuesday I went to an internal meeting, outlined a proposal we ended up dropping, and invited team members to an upcoming project that we also ended up dropping. Also did data entry and debrief invites. Jeaux came over and took me to Señor Tequila, then we shopped, and then we watched Colbert and finished watching Avatar.

  • Wednesday I worked on debriefs and data entry. Scott came over first in the afternoon and later Ben showed up. We watched some episodes of Steven Universe together and then later Jeaux came by with cupcakes and picked up Chinese food from Panda Express, and we continued watching up through episode 40 ("On the Run"). Scott had to go so we couldn't hang out to talk about it or anything. Boo! After they left I took my walks and a nap.

  • Thursday I had three meetings--two marketing meetings and one meeting to arrange teamings with another consultant. I also got the Blue Screen of Death twice, which somehow led to a coworker saying I wouldn't remember the original Blue Screen of Death because I'm probably only about 25. (I don't know how surprised he was when I told him I'm 46 and definitely remember the BSoD eating my work in college.) I updated a bunch of data and tried to take a nap but bad dreams woke me up for some reason. I went to game night with my friends and after it was over I found out my dad was playing a show with his other band and Jeaux was willing to take me there after work so I scrambled to get my webcomic done (yep, I started drawing AFTER ONE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING and got it done! wow!).

  • Friday I did my reports and some utility coordination stuff. Then I took an Uber to Jeaux's house and he drove me to Osprey to watch my dad play at a Tiki Bar. We had some good food and enjoyed the show--we were able to catch two of the four sets of the 60s band No Bad Days. It was fun to surprise him by showing up! I read terrible stories to Jeaux while we drove there and back. Then when I got home we got our steps in and I recorded a song and went to bed early.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I saw a really gradual decline here but it jumped back up the day after a heavy meal. Hmph. High weight: 122.8. Low weight: 121.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: I have continued prioritizing fruits and veggies but to be honest haven't paid that much attention to whether the balance for protein, fat, and carbs was appropriate. Looks like I had a lot of higher fat days at the expense of either protein or carbs. I had a couple days that had weirdly high protein days. I usually do some tracking to try to balance this out but this week I mostly just recorded it and didn't use it to make decisions. So I guess that's what happens when I do that! Now I know. I have continued taking vitamins as usual.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Wednesday at 10,094 steps, and my high day was Monday at 14,378 steps.

Books Read: 

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Crazy For You" by Madonna.



    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:
     
    #0983: weaver #153: my thing.

    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    A dove on the feeder! That's so unusual.

    Jeaux was excited to find the soda he was hoping Publix would start carrying.

    Jeaux's homemade Gem-themed cupcakes.

    My dad's other band No Bad Days playing at the Tiki Bar!

    Food with Jeaux while watching the show.



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,444 for swankivy (4 new), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 198 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 69 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 845 for swankivy (no change), 3,853 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 645 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 248 likes for So You Write (no change), 98 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,442 (1 new). Instagram followers: 274 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment