Saturday, March 2, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: February 24 – March 1

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had to tackle two weeks' worth of blog posts (whee!), which also involved updating my photo gallery. I took a super long nap instead of doing any of the stuff on my to-do list. I got started with my walking a little too late and missed my 10,000-step goal by about 200 steps for the first time this year. Disappointing.

  • Sunday was a much more productive day. I replanted some houseplants in their new pots, washed and cleaned several items from my mom's house (a pillar, two bookshelves, and a night table) and sorted through some memory boxes, and brought the cleaned items into my house. Made grilled zucchini for dinner. Did laundry.

  • Monday I worked on research, updating teaming partners, downloading selections, and outlining a proposal. The plumbers came back and dug up the backyard to put in the new sewer system. While they were working I had to avoid using water for several hours. After the work day, I took a nap, did some Polos, made a potato, made a new video, put away my laundry, and read. We also found out my mom's house needs a new roof.

  • Tuesday the plumbers came back to fill up the new sewer system with water and get an inspector to approve. So I couldn't use water again, which coincided with Jeaux being at my house since his place temporarily didn't have internet and he wanted to work from my house. By the time Jeaux left to go meet the internet repair person, I still didn't have an inspector. Eventually they came and the plumbers came back to get the sewer ready but the test ball fell in the pipe and got stuck and they couldn't get it out. So my water system was still not operational for the rest of the day and overnight into the whole next day. Ben came over after spending some time at my mom's house removing tile. We went out for pizza and talked, and I used the later evening to relax.

  • Wednesday I had the day off to go see a show with Jeaux. The plumbers came and were trying to get the test ball out again. By the time I left for the show they still had not gotten it out. We saw Jagged Little Pill together and loved it. Then we ate at Yard House and drove home. I did some drawings for my comic in the car. We watched Colbert, took a walk, and watched the first two episodes of the new Avatar: The Last Airbender live action show (we like it).

  • Thursday I spent the whole work day doing research for upcoming projects. Also did some vacuuming because the house got a lot of dirt in it from both plumbers coming in and me replanting plants. Did some walking, finished drawing So You Write, did some reading, played games with my friends, and screwed around until I got sleepy.

  • Friday I did my reports and some research. Did my comic drawings, made some Polos, did some reading, and slept on the floor by accident for a while before going to bed.

Interviews/Articles/Mentions:


New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Meh! Happy with how things are at the moment! We'll see what happens. High weight: 123.4. Low weight: 121.3.
  • Nutrition stuff: The emphasis on fruits and veggies has led to a slight underrepresentation of protein in my diet. I get a lot when I put fruit in my yogurt, but I'm opting for fewer sandwiches and veggie burgers and stuff than I am used to, so I need to figure out how to get my protein more consistently. My friend Ben gave me some microgreens and they're really good for you--I had some in soup and really enjoyed them!
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day except Saturday--but it was only short by 200 steps so I wouldn't consider this a big deal. My low day was Saturday at 9,806 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 12,010 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 198.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Piano Man" by Billy Joel.



    Stuff drawn:

    My monthly writing webcomic, So You Write:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:
     
    #0981: adele #241: i may be enough.

    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #111 ("A non-ace man would NEVER have an ace female partner!") is out. In this video, I read some comments from a Psychology Today commenter who believed ace women have two choices for male partners: either date an ace man, or "learn to like sex." Other options, according to him, are "insane." Welp! Very interesting how one option in his opinion is asexual people "learning to like sex" but he doesn't accept the option of "non-asexual people learning to be cool with not having sex," right? (Not to mention how much ignorance this demonstrates of the MANY other options people in this situation have to getting their needs met!)


    New photos:

    At Best NY Pizza with Ben!


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,444 for swankivy (lost 2), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 198 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 69 for Tides of Time Band (lost 1). Twitter followers: 845 for swankivy (no change), 3,849 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 645 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 248 likes for So You Write (no change), 98 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,442 (no change). Instagram followers: 276 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment