- Saturday I was at my dad's house in Sarasota for my grandpa's 95th
birthday. I woke up pretty early and went with him to pick my sister P
up from the airport! Then we ate breakfast, well, brunch, at Panera. We
picked up my grandpa and my aunt and went to see my grandma where she
stays at a facility, and sat outside with her and saw some cool birds.
That night was dinner at my dad's (and his cousin joined us), and we had
another birthday cake and presents for my grandpa. After dinner and
dessert we hung out for a while. It was a really nice day with family!
DAD MADE BREAKFAST. He didn't really cook when I was a kid so my sister
and I were like "WHOA" and took pictures, haha. After we dropped P at
the airport to go back to San Francisco, we went to see Grandma again
and then my dad took me home. I did my unpacking and usual Sunday
catch-up things. Another good weekend.
- Monday was a
work day and then after work I had my friend Eric over for dinner and
cartoons. (He had missed six episodes of my favorite one and so of
course it was my duty to catch him up.) After he left I did nothing
productive with my day except taking out recycling.
my bike chain came off on the way to work so I had to go get it fixed
and my bike needs more in-depth repairs soon. After working, I went home
and did not much. Mom usually comes over on Tuesdays but she didn't
this time because she would be coming all weekend.
- Wednesday was Jeaux Day as usual. We biked out to the comic shop and then ate at Cheddars. At home we listened to Night Vale.
Next week we are going to do the same thing because I have to go back
for comics and there's another new podcast episode. So . . . Jeaux Day
on repeat! But after that it'll move to Thursday for a month because of
- Thursday I did a lot of stuff at work, went shopping after, made a video, and read some of a book but didn't finish it.
- Friday I worked and got a proposal package done. Then I worked on my comic until my mom came over. She hung out and we ate biscuits, and she slept over. She did my dishes while I was asleep. Oh Mommy!
- NO ONE CARES THIS WEEK WHYYYYYY
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
- The Asexual Agenda Linkspam included a post I made about writing asexual characters.
- Finished this week: Nothing because I'm lazy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Currently reading: Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler.
Here I'm singing "Butterfly" by Smile.dk.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0572: "My Three Things."
My video on writing diverse characters.
|Grandpa's 95th birthday cake!|
|Grandpa about to put out the candles.|
|Dad is making breakfast!|
|My dad and my aunt having breakfast out on the patio. |
They were backlit but I tried to fix it with a color correction on my computer.
|And here is me procrastinating on finishing my comic on Friday.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,320 for swankivy (4 new), 568 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 772 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,225 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 290 friends (no change) and 197 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 637 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 121 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,422 (14 new). Instagram followers: 68 (2 new).