- Saturday was a pretty chill day: I spent it reading and catching up on cartoons, and my sister P called so we talked for a while. I hope she has a great time when she goes to Japan!
- Sunday I . . . are you ready for this? . . . did my taxes. It was kind of a bummer day because, you know, taxes, and I had to pay a fee that people who make money from stuff like book sales have to pay because in that sense we count as self-employed, and then also my website was randomly breaking in weird ways and I only got it partially fixed. (I didn't break it. I still don't know why it happened, but the host folks fixed it.)
- Monday was both back to work and the first day of opening my Bad Fairy test reader list. I have a bunch of volunteers already and a couple people gave feedback within 24 hours!
- And I kinda . . . got sucked into something I didn't want to be sucked into. There's another slap-fight happening on Tumblr these days about whether asexual people deserve any support under the queer umbrella, and a disturbing amount of it sounds like "but asexual people are basically straight--why are straight people trying to take our resources? God, these entitled straight people have never suffered appreciably and it makes me sick." It's pretty wow. And when someone anonymously made an emotional appeal for me to make a statement, I sort of had to. (And since my epic rants on Tumblr always get hundreds of notes, you can imagine how that has been.)
- Tuesday I worked, edited, fought with people on the Internet, and had my mom over for dinner (and she slept over). She made scalloped potatoes. From a box. I don't think she's ever done that before!
- Wednesday my site was fixed by the time I got up in the morning so yay. I had Chili's food with Jeaux and didn't feel good after so we just kinda lay around in my room after that. And I opened a box of stuff I ordered and one of the things I ordered was missing. Waaah. Also found out that Steven Universe is coming back with new episodes . . . in June. That's a new record for a hiatus for this show. I'm sad it's going to be so long but happy that we finally know when!
- Thursday I had to work early to get a report done. In between important stuff I doodled an April Fools cartoon on my calendar for the next day. I also argued with a nincompoop on Tumblr and it was amazing. Victor called later that night and we talked while I drew.
- Friday I went birthday shopping for my dad and finished my comic, and I watched cartoon things and worked on my book editing. I'm trying to keep up really well with responding to people who sent feedback.
- Kony gave it a two-star review on Goodreads.
- My book has been prominently added to Asexual Outreach's resources site.
- The Asexual Agenda linked my post on weaponizing suffering as a gatekeeping method.
Here I'm singing "Mistaken Identity" by Delta Goodrem.
|Amethyst helps celebrate April Fools' Day!|
I <3 these characters. :D
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0568: "When They Aren't Together."
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,300 for swankivy (11 new), 567 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 767 for swankivy (3 new), 1,222 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 289 friends (no change) and 198 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 637 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 119 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,395 (51 new). Instagram followers: 65 (3 new).