- My sister Lindsay got married on May 30. She is an old lady. :) I was a bridesmaid! It was a Star Wars–themed wedding and I got to sit at the Yoda table!
- As mentioned on this blog, another of my short stories--"Her Mother's Child"--sold this week. It will appear in Kaleidotrope in 2015.
- My advance reading copies of my book arrived at the publisher! My editor tweeted a picture of it and it was cool to see a stack of books full of words I wrote sitting on a desk!!!
- I was sick over Memorial Day Weekend but at least I got to stay home and do a bunch of writing. I have written up to Chapter 9 in Bad Fairy 2 and haven't done anything new on the book since finishing that because a) it was an exhausting set of chapters and b) family things surrounding my California sister's visit and my Florida sister's wedding.
- Went out to eat with my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew on Tuesday. We had Sweet Tomatoes food and I got to cuddle the baby. :D
- Wednesday was my sister's bachelorette party. It was small and silly; we got a hotel room and drank things (well, I drank Sprite) and didn't do anything significant except we played Two Truths and a Lie. (I got the most points. I rule.)
- Thursday was the rehearsal dinner for the wedding, where we practiced what to do (of course) and then went to one of my sister's husband's parents' houses for a nice dinner. I spent most of the time just chatting with people and watching a cute slideshow of photographs of Mike and Lindsay as they were growing up.
- I wrote an author bio for the first short story and I completed my comments on second-pass edits for my editor at Skyhorse. Things are coming together! I decided to make an "all published work" page for my main website since the list has grown large enough that I'm not embarrassed to share, haha.
- Got to chat with Fred on the phone on Monday. :)
- The Asexual Agenda boosted a Tumblr article I wrote called "Ten Things Well-Meaning People Say to Asexual People."
- Finished Lovely Complex #2 by Aya Nakahara. ★★★★
- Currently reading The Maxx #1 by Sam Kieth.
New singing performances:
Recorded "Particle Man" by They Might Be Giants.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0472: "A Reason for Everything."
None except I posted a short video about the hail outside my apartment.
|The cupcake I got for selling another short story.|
|My mom huggling her grandson in the restaurant.|
|Lindsay wearing her "bachelorette" sash at the party.|
|My "partaaaaay" face.|
|Ladies of the bachelorette party:|
Me, sister Patricia, Jenny, Amber, Kate, and Lindsay
lying across all of us. :)
|Baby Ash cuddling with Grandpa at the rehearsal.|
|Mommy and Daddy--Grandma and Grandpa--enjoying the baby.|
|Rehearsal dinner family!|
|The ladies of the rehearsal dinner--Patricia, me, Lindsay, Mommy.|
|My ARCs! Mine's the pink one.|
|The whole wedding party, post-vows!|
|My sister with her doggie, Chewbacca, in her wedding gown.|
|Sister L's first dance as a married woman.|
|Sister dancing with her daddy.|
|My sister is a beautiful bride. Look at that princess dress.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,380 for swankivy (16 new this week), 339 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 494 for swankivy (6 new), 407 for JulieSondra (18 new). Facebook: 249 friends (no change) and 120 followers (lost one) for swankivy, 345 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 47 likes for Negative One (no change), 69 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,338 (4 new).