Saturday, May 3, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: April 26 – May 2

Life news this week: 

  • My sister L's bridal shower was on Saturday, and she got SO MUCH STUFF. I can't even believe it. Not much else happened there besides her getting presents; we ate cake, I had a mildly alcoholic drink (which is unusual), we played a few party games, and I brought my laptop so my California sister could "attend." (Which she did, with her baby at times!)
  • I will be getting a new piece about asexuality published in The Toast in June or July. Yay!
  • I got to talk to my friend Jessie on the phone this week, which was a nice treat, plus I got to talk to my Pitch Wars mentee as well! Lots of exciting stuff going on for him!
  • Our fiscal year ended at the office and I got a bonus, so that was unexpected and cool.
  • I added my agent's upcoming fiction book to Goodreads for her, as I'm a Goodreads librarian. She didn't have an ISBN yet, but now that it's on there, people can add it to their to-be-read lists and stuff.
  • Still working on my Pitch Wars first alternate's edits but I'm almost done.
  • I got random presents in the mail from my friend Susan for no reason, and she bought me an Eoin Colfer book and an Ann Brashares book! Yay!
  • Ate at Applebee's with Jeaux on Wednesday, and we watched two episodes of Orphan Black.

Places featured: 
  • I was apparently not famous enough this week to be featured anywhere. ;)
Reading progress:
  • Finished The Promise: Part Two, the graphic novel from the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. ★★★★
  • Currently reading Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith.

New singing performances:



Recorded "Hero" by Mariah Carey.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0468: "I Should Hide."

Webcomic So You Write Issue 35: "Premature Promo."







New videos:


None this week.




New photos:
My sister opening the present I got her at her wedding shower!

Look at that huge pile of presents!

Me with my slightly alcoholic punch.

My mom leaned over and said "We'll make a drinker out of you yet!"

Sister Lindsay with best friend Amber. And dog Chewy.

Some of the young'uns at the party. I'm the old one.

Social Media Counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,302 for swankivy (30 new this week), 336 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 477 for swankivy (4 new), 371 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 247 friends (dropped one, because I don't like being friends with people who say bisexuality is a fad) and 123 followers (dropped one) for swankivy, 337 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 46 likes for Negative One (1 new), 66 likes for So You Write (4 new). Tumblr followers: 1,306 (17 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment