Saturday, May 17, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: May 10 – May 16

 Life news this week: 

  • Wrote another 8,000 words or so on the new Bad Fairy, bringing its word count to about 20,000 words. That's pretty slow for me though. 
  • Steve visited me on Saturday for the first time in over a year! We ate at Sweet Tomatoes and talked about, what else, the past.  
  • Worked on some rewrites on a short story.
  • I spent part of Sunday with, you guessed it, my mom, 'cause it was Mother's Day! I made her favorite biscuits from scratch (made with cream and parmesan cheese) and hung out with her and my sister L. 
  • I turned in my list of potential blurbers and my first pass edits to my editor at Skyhorse. YEE-HAW. 
  • On Tuesday I saw my dad for lunch. I almost never take lunch while at work--I just eat at my desk--so taking a little break halfway through the day was nice. :) We ate at Mimi's. 
  • On Tuesday night I got to talk to my mentee on the phone--we mostly talked about our books and being on submission--and I redecorated my place for the Beltane holiday. Yes, I'm late, be quiet. 
  • Ate at New York's Best Pizza with Jeaux on Wednesday, and we watched the last two episodes of Season 1 of Orphan Black.
Places featured: 
  • The radio show Friday Night Lip Service plugged my book this week on its asexuality-themed show. There's no currently available way to listen to the show but the person who notified me said they will let me know if that changes. Hmm, nice of them, though! (I wish I had gotten to hear the asexuality show!) They made a couple posts about it though and linked my site:

    Post 1:
    Post 2:
Reading progress:

  • Finished Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. ★★★★
  • Currently reading Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire.

New singing performances:



Recorded "The Power of Love" by Gabrielle Aplin.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0470: "Special Lady."







New videos:

Julie Sondra on Hints for the Drafting Writer




New photos:

Just my monthly haircut comparison shots!

Back: 2/15/14
Back: 5/15/14
Front: 2/15/14
Front: 5/15/14

Social Media Counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,346 for swankivy (23 new this week), 337 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 484 for swankivy (6 new), 388 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 248 friends (2 new) and 122 followers (no change) for swankivy, 340 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 47 likes for Negative One (1 new), 68 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,319 (4 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment