- Only wrote about 5,500 words this week--I was reading a lot because I wanted to not be writing. That's not the same as not wanting to write. I'll let you decide if that makes sense.
- My short story sold to a magazine, huzzah. The short story is entitled "Your Terms," and it will be published in Timeless Tales, a fairy tale retelling magazine. (Its original title was "Hope Came Out.") The story will also have an audio version that can be downloaded by people who get a subscription to the magazine, but the text version will be free. I'll post where you can read it when it comes out.
- As of May 20th, I've been drawing Negative One every week and posting it every Friday, without ever being late or missing an issue, for nine years.
- I spent a good chunk of last weekend subtitling videos. I finally got the subtitles up for my "asexual relationships" talk at University of Virginia last month, and I subtitled my latest video, Letters to an Asexual #20.
- I also spent a lot of the weekend on the phone. I called Sarah for her birthday and got to talk to my sister P about her upcoming visit, and called my mom on Sunday, and chatted with Meg at night.
- I'm on second-pass edits for my nonfiction book. Nothing new to tell you about that though.
- I finally decided for sure that I am going to the international asexuality conference in Canada. I registered for the conference in the latter part of this week, and got my passport renewed. (Well, I sent the expedited application off.)
- Ate at Moe's with Jeaux on Wednesday and gave him his birthday presents. We listened to the latest Welcome to Night Vale episode and also listened to one of the live shows.
- I'm negative famous this week.
- Finished Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire. ★★★★
- Currently reading Lovely Complex #2 by Aya Nakahara.
New singing performances:
Recorded "Over the Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0471: "No Such Recognition."
Webcomic So You Write Issue 36: "Not Flattering."
Letters to an Asexual #20
|My sort of hideous passport photo|
in which I look old and weird
|Doing some drawing on Sunday|
|The cupcake I bought as a reward for selling a short story|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,362 for swankivy (16 new this week), 336 for JulieSondra (lost one). Twitter followers: 488 for swankivy (4 new), 389 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 249 friends (1 new) and 121 followers (lost one) for swankivy, 341 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 47 likes for Negative One (no change), 69 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,334 (15 new).