Life news this week:
- Saturday I didn't finish my cleaning, but I did get blogging done and ate a really good meal I just felt like cooking for myself. (I cooked mushrooms and eggs and ate it up with fake bacon.) I also wrote a guide to SU comics for the Internet and practiced my ukulele.
- Sunday was good. I always like Sundays these days. I sat out at my table until the rain drove me inside. I actually finished reading through my old SF romance manuscript and sent it to my agent! Which I've been meaning to do for a long time (but malfunctioning computer slowed me down--issues with Word documents). I also ate yellow rice, did laundry, did dishes, did karaoke, and cleaned my office, down to vacuuming. So great!
- Monday we had three letters due so I didn't get to do much of anything else besides work on them. We also got shortlisted on another job so hooray. At home I cleaned both of the smaller bedrooms while on the phone with Meg. Good day!
- Tuesday I worked and did my taxes! Also found out that my book is going into its fourth printing (which means it's still selling reasonably well!) and it's also going to be translated into Japanese (and I get a lil bonus for that new edition too). At home I cleaned the last two rooms that needed cleaning--the bathrooms--and after a shower, I dressed up in a new dress I had just bought that makes me look like Steven Universe's mom, and took some funny pictures.
- Wednesday I stayed up late for a comic release again, read the comic, blogged it, and went to sleep. Then I went to work and did a bunch of odd jobs. After work Jeaux took me to buy comics, eat at IKEA, shop at IKEA (I bought a little pot for my stray golf balls), shop at Ross (I bought a small outdoor table), and shop at Winn-Dixie (groceries!). After all that we watched Miracle Workers. After he left I ate junk food and did Internet things.
- Thursday I made it to work on the bus and spent the day dealing with more small things--mostly marketing jobs. I also studied a manual on something I'll have to do for an upcoming job. My agent finished reading the book I sent her Sunday and said she didn't know any editors who want stuff like this so I guess that one isn't up just yet, but we're talking about some other stuff too. Victor didn't call on the phone like usual, so I just drew my comic listening to podcasts.
- Friday I sent some other stuff to my agent and hit 2 years as a member of Steven Universe Amino so I made a special post about it because I'm a nerd! After I got home, I finished drawing and posting my comic, and right as I finished my mom came over with GrillSmith food. We ate together, caught up, and then she fell asleep on my guest bed on top of a large stuffed animal. :D :D
- The Tumblr Bi-Asexual gave me a little mention offering to share quotes from my book.
- Well, I've lost 6 pounds in about 3 months, which isn't very good, but isn't terrible either.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe ongoing comic #26 by by Terry Blas and Gabriele Bagnoli. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Mythology by Edith Hamilton.
This week's karaoke song is "Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkees.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0723: "Awake."
|All four variants of comic #25! Some are rare!|
Here are some photos of me doing goofy stuff in my Rose Quartz dress:
|And here are my cool White Diamond pins.|
YouTube subscribers: 5,263 for swankivy (no change), 677 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 966 for swankivy (no change), 1,338 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 208 followers (no change) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,515 (4 new). Instagram followers: 177 (4 new).