Saturday, April 6, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: March 30 – April 5

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I went out to my mom's house to meet the carpet guy and we got measurements and talked about options. I had to handle some misplaced trash at my mom's house and managed to locate a fan blade that one of the cleaners broke. Dangit. Came home and worked through blogging and got my writing comic drawn. Practiced some songs and watched a silly video.

  • Sunday I cleaned up the house and processed the webcomic. Learned a song and sang it for karaoke. Did some walking. Kari came over and we hung out, ate pizza, caught up on each other's lives, and watched a few more episodes of Steven Universe Future. (We saw up to episode 12.) Great night!

  • Monday there were no April Fools for me! I had a slow day at the office working on small tasks. I also had to search around for a contractor to get some mortar off my mom's bedroom floor because carpet can't be laid until it's gone. But everyone wanted way too much money. I ate a bunch of leftover pizza to help myself cope, haha. Updated my cool goal calendars and posted them. Put away laundry and watched some Polos.

  • Tuesday was busier at work. Took some naps after. And did some troubleshooting with the Skylight frame we're giving my dad for his birthday. Wrangled some more house details for Mom's. Did some Polo videos. Sanded some flaky paint off a pedestal. Ben came over and we chatted about life and ate at Sweetgreen. Ate some of my Japanese snack box.

  • Wednesday I had meetings and follow-ups. Made a shopping list and cleaned up the house. Jeaux and I ate at SoFresh and shopped at Michaels and Publix. Came home and made my dad's cake in between taking walks and watching Colbert. We made a three-layer chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream frosting from scratch, but my glaze plan didn't work out. I also made white chocolate–dipped cake pops from the leveling scraps for decoration. Jeaux helped clean up and left, and I loaded the dishwasher after he left.

  • Thursday I worked and explained some policies. Did some research and sent some reminders. Decided to try a different glaze for my dad's cake and got it to work! And added some piping with extra frosting. Jeaux came over and we headed out to Sarasota to meet up with my dad and Connie. We put the cake in the fridge and met Dad's friend Jimmy at P.F. Chang's. I had pad thai, and Dad got a free cheesecake. He liked our joke cards. We went home and ate the cake and I gave him the Skylight frame that my sisters and I had filled with photos. We watched it for a while as we enjoyed the cake. After it got pretty late, Jeaux and I headed out. We stopped at Walmart on the way home and then got home. I was really tired but for some reason I watched a movie by myself before I went to bed.

  • Friday I mostly spent time bothering teaming partners and working on reports. Took more naps. Had to squeeze to get my webcomic done and my walking done before midnight, but I did it, then went to bed early. Found out my mom's roof is going on next week because the contractor is ready.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions: New Reviews:
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Guess what, I didn't get on the scale this week so I have nothing to tell you. :)
  • Nutrition stuff: The latter half of the week had a lot of cake! And I had an unusual number of restaurant meals! But the balance has been okay and I have still managed to MOSTLY keep the fruits and vegetables plentiful. It's just harder when I also have cake a lot. I have continued taking vitamins as usual.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week except one day that I had thought I had finished and actually didn't, so I was a couple hundred short. My low day was Saturday at 9,829 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 11,152 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: Magic For Beginners by Kelly Link. I'm on page 131.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Someone Like You" by Adele.



    Stuff drawn:

    My monthly writing webcomic, So You Write:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:








    #0986: adele #242: in the shadow.

    Videos Made:

    None.


    New photos:

    Jeaux in the frosting process for Dad's cake

    Dad's cake finished!

    Dad at P.F. Chang's!

    The crowd at Dad's party

    There's no way this guy is 70

    New hat! And cake.

    Inside of the cake!


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,435 for swankivy (1 new), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 198 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 68 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 844 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,853 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 645 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 247 likes for So You Write (no change), 98 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,441 (no change). Instagram followers: 275 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment