Saturday, February 7, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: January 31 – February 6

Life news this week: 
  • This was like Week of the Words or something. I wrote a new science fiction short story called "Aquarius" and I wrote two chapters of Bad Fairy 2. I stayed up literally all night on Tuesday to finish the short story.
  • Got to see Mommy on Sunday, briefly. She came over and paid me back for the stuff I bought her to help her when she was sick! I wasn't expecting to be paid back but that was nice. We hung out and chatted for a while.
  • It rained a lot on Monday and I got wet going to work. Ew. My friend Yasmin, who is now working for my company as a traffic counter, came by to drop off car data and they said they're gonna bring me a TACO BUS TACO NEXT MONDAY ARRGGHHH I'm so excited.
  • Jeaux Day was just Five Guys food and Night Vale. Then we sat around talking about books and feminism and silly Internet culture things like we always do. After he left that day I edited my story and then I read an entire book because I wanted to.
  • Book club met this week and we did something unusual--went to a pizza place and had our meeting there instead of at the bookstore. Two new ladies came, and they were both really nice. The book was Stranger in a Strange Land but I read it long ago so I didn't re-read it. The pizza place was called Cappy's. I ordered a New York Style broccoli and mushroom pizza. Mmmm.
New reviews of my book:
            • Well, it looks like no one loves me at all. Boohiss. (There are whispers of some folks working on reviews now though! YAY!)
                        Places featured:
                                  Reading progress:

                                  • Completed reading: Breaking the Ice by Gail Nall--one of my Pitch Wars fellow mentors. Four-star review.
                                  • Currently reading: Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg.

                                  New singing performances:

                                  Here I'm singing "The Rose" by Bette Midler. This is a really simplistic song but it's really hard to sing well, and that's why I didn't.


                                   
                                  New drawings:


                                  Webcomic Negative One Issue 0508: "I Think I Miss You."





                                  New videos:

                                  Haha none. Too busy writing things.

                                  New photos:  

                                  Oh my garsh it's my friend's book and it seems so cool.

                                  Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,285 for swankivy (19 new this week), 430 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 603 for swankivy (no change), 840 for JulieSondra (13 new). Facebook: 276 friends (2 new--friended Heather's friend Thomas and Eric's friend John) and 158 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 515 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 100 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,790 (no change, though actually I think a bunch of people dropped me and then a bunch of people added me).

                                  No comments:

                                  Post a Comment