- This was like Week of the Words or something. I wrote a new science
fiction short story called "Aquarius" and I wrote two chapters of Bad Fairy 2. I stayed up literally all night on Tuesday to finish the short story.
to see Mommy on Sunday, briefly. She came over and paid me back for the
stuff I bought her to help her when she was sick! I wasn't expecting to
be paid back but that was nice. We hung out and chatted for a while.
rained a lot on Monday and I got wet going to work. Ew. My friend
Yasmin, who is now working for my company as a traffic counter, came by
to drop off car data and they said they're gonna bring me a TACO BUS
TACO NEXT MONDAY ARRGGHHH I'm so excited.
- Jeaux Day was just Five Guys food and Night Vale.
Then we sat around talking about books and feminism and silly Internet
culture things like we always do. After he left that day I edited my
story and then I read an entire book because I wanted to.
- Book club met this week and we did something unusual--went to a pizza place and had our meeting there instead of at the bookstore. Two new ladies came, and they were both really nice. The book was Stranger in a Strange Land but I read it long ago so I didn't re-read it. The pizza place was called Cappy's. I ordered a New York Style broccoli and mushroom pizza. Mmmm.
- Well, it looks like no one loves me at all. Boohiss. (There are whispers of some folks working on reviews now though! YAY!)
- Not much. Been a quiet week. Queenie recommended one of my articles on Tumblr though.
- Completed reading: Breaking the Ice by Gail Nall--one of my Pitch Wars fellow mentors. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "The Rose" by Bette Midler. This is a really simplistic song but it's really hard to sing well, and that's why I didn't.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0508: "I Think I Miss You."
Haha none. Too busy writing things.
|Oh my garsh it's my friend's book and it seems so cool.|
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,285 for swankivy (19 new this week), 430 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 603 for swankivy (no change), 840 for JulieSondra (13 new). Facebook: 276 friends (2 new--friended Heather's friend Thomas and Eric's friend John) and 158 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 515 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 100 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,790 (no change, though actually I think a bunch of people dropped me and then a bunch of people added me).