Saturday, June 1, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: May 25 – May 31

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got some blogging done in the daytime and then in the afternoon went out with Jeaux to buy him a futon for his big 40th birthday! Hooray. His car is too small to carry such things so we had to rent a U-Haul van, but we got it done. We also ate at Five Guys and I got a video processed. Something funny happened too: I met another Steven Universe collector freak on Tumblr and they turned out to be the person I was bidding against to win a poster on eBay. Whoops!
  • Sunday I had invited my mom over but she just completely didn't answer any of my communication so I didn't have any company on Sunday. I hung out at my table, which I always love doing, and composed a nice message to Eve, someone I hope is going to be a great friend for me in the future! I also won another eBay auction, did laundry, and argued with a homophobe on Reddit. Good times.
  • Monday I completed a theory essay about cartoons and it got featured on the Amino. My mom continued to be inconsistent with her responses and said she fell down again but not to worry about her. Argh. My coffee maker broke and I had to fish out my old one and clean it up really good so I could become caffeinated. Finished a comic for So You Write. Did some video editing on some v & V videos, and got my karaoke and laundry done too. And I baked an ube cake again. This was the prettiest yet.
  • Tuesday it was back to work. We had three letters to get out and one was a long boy. AND we had an office meeting. So very busy work day. Went home and played DDR for the first time in a while! Mostly just spent some time updating my collection stuff and puttering around online.
  • Wednesday I helped co-workers with computer stuff. Got a recipe and went shopping with Jeaux. We ate at Panera and he got his hair cut. We watched What We Do in the Shadows and She-Ra and enjoyed hanging out.
  • Thursday wasn't too busy at the office but I had to help one of my co-workers some of the day. At home I cleaned up some crap I'd had lying around, chatted to Meghan on the phone, made a kugel, and got some of my drawings done for my webcomic.
  • Friday was a pretty quiet day at the office except for some letter prep. After I went home I finished my comic and hadn't quite finished processing it when Victor arrived. He gave me some time to finish and I also unboxed a bunch of cool posters I bought. He had been napping. When he woke up we ate kugel, drank Manischewitz wine, and watched Fiddler on the Roof: three things that were new to him! We had a good night.

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:




New reviews of my book:



Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. I did do some exercise this week but weirdly even though I had a new low weight this week, it didn't stay there toward the end of the week. That's okay though!




Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "My Funny Valentine" from Babes in Arms.


    Stuff Drawn:




    Webcomic So You Write Issue 96: "Montage."










    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0733: "Fun Day."






    New videos:

    Letters to an Asexual #68 is about someone who has nothing ~against~ asexual people--he just thinks we deserve pity and stuff!



    And a couple newly processed but older videos for my new channel with Victor:

    We try starfruit:



    We try snacks from Italy:



    New photos:


    Whipping egg whites for ube cake!
    Mixing in ube!
    Delicious finished ube roll cake
    A slice!
    A shot of all my SU bags
    A kugel! Some of the noodles got a tiny bit crispy.
    Victor enjoying his first kugel


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,252 for swankivy (lost 3), 682 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (no change), 1,339 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 292 friends (lost 1--I unfriended someone because he just made too many snotty privileged comments that made my stomach turn) and 206 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 181 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment