Saturday, June 15, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: June 8 – June 14

Life news this week:
  • Saturday my mother got kidnapped by aliens and left a stranger in her place. She came to pick me up and she was EARLY. ????? Anyway, she needed help installing a shower head so I went over there and did it for her and cleaned the bathroom a little but it didn't really need it! She seems to be doing better than usual and has a new car. (Well, a used car that's new to her.) She ate two of my brownies and loved them, and told me later how much she was enjoying them. More evidence that she's a replacement sent by aliens. After I got home, I did my blogging, talked to Meggie on the phone, and played with my new karaoke microphone thingie.
  • Sunday was too rainy to sit at my table. Bummer! Did laundry and had a slow and unproductive day. I did draw a cute picture and process a video, though. And I got up to date with a couple posts I'd been meaning to make.
  • Monday I did some editing and some working. Pretty slow day. Didn't get much done and just looked at Reddit. Did some laundry and karaoke that I didn't get done on Sunday.
  • Tuesday I narrowly missed the rain while taking the bus to work. I had to do a letter for work and not much else was really going on so I just did my documentation. Finished a traditional version of the digital coloring I'd done the other day and I played DDR and played quizzes and texted with my sister about cartoons.
  • Wednesday was more editing at work. After, Jeaux picked me up for eating at Perkins and shopping at Target. After, we watched some Brooklyn Nine-Nine and listened to Night Vale. I got some drawing done. Someone on Amino wants to challenge me on quiz scores but they're nowhere near beating me so I don't know why. Also I found out my book is out in Japan, in the Japanese translation.
  • Thursday was a wash because I was super distracted by new news about Steven Universe. The movie we've known about for a while had some details dropped and I obsessed over it a bunch of the day and chatted with a friend. I talked to Victor on the phone and drew comics.
  • Friday I basically just did editing all day and finished my comic in the evening. My house is kind of a wreck and I didn't do anything about it. A drunk guy harassed me at the bus stop. And I found one of the comics I've been looking for for almost a year! I'm thrilled!

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


  • The Japanese Amazon.com page for my book is allowing purchase now. There are a couple Japanese reviews:
    • One five-star rating from an Amazon Japan customer: (Google translate review): "We purchased as a clue to look for the research paper of sexual. Reference data and URL are described and it is likely to search for articles from this. The contents of the book were mainly inspired by the sexual parties and people around sexuality. Common misunderstandings and discrimination from social systems are summarized in an easy-to-understand manner. If you are looking for an introduction to learning about sexuality, I would recommend purchasing it."
    • One five-star rating from an Amazon Japan customer: (Google translate review): "It is said that about 1% of the population exists. However, in Japan, about sexually explicit, it was about written on LGBT book in 1 or 2 pages, to a degree of apology. This book is a very easy-to-understand explanation of everything from basic matters to answers to common questions and biases, all in one volume. Although it is a translation, it is a universal content that is also useful to Japanese people in the world. Of course it is useful for the people of sexuality, but it is also a deep book that makes them aware of their sexuality beliefs, even for those who are not."
Here's the Japanese cover:



Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. What's weird is I again got my lowest weight so far, but it kept jumping around and being higher at the end of the week! I'll keep exercising and doing what I'm doing and hopefully it'll continue to have a new low point each week.




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Dean and Shannon Hale. Five-star review.
  • Currently reading: Fourth Grade Rats by Jerry Spinelli
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "I'm the Only One" by Melissa Etheridge.




    Stuff Drawn:

    Here is my attempt to draw the same drawing using traditional methods and digital methods.










    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0735: "Tantrum."






    New videos:

    Just a long and silly video with Victor from a couple months ago when we opened our Universal Yums box for Ukraine.

    v & V try Universal Yums: Ukraine!



    New photos:


    Jeaux and I accidentally wore the same shirt.


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,259 for swankivy (3 new), 681 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 969 for swankivy (1 new), 1,336 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,518 (2 new). Instagram followers: 179 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment