Saturday, June 22, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: June 15 – June 21

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was a bit of a slow day at first, and then I cleaned up the kitchen and made some funny Steven Universe—inspired cereal and baby food. I made a post about it on the Amino and it was picked for a front-page feature, which always amuses me. I had some problems with my oven and my new coffeemaker didn't work, so that was sad. Also got some nice compliments on Reddit and made plans with my friend Steve. I made some blondies for the next day's barbecue. And I found out I got approved to do a panel at Metrocon! I'm going to run a panel about Steven Universe. Yay.
  • Sunday was Father's Day and Day 1 of Social Madness. I had a coffee breakfast and brought veggie dogs to a barbecue at my sister's in-laws' house, and I hung out with my dad and sister. I had some delicious grilled food (veggie dog and a veggie burger!) and then after the event, I did my usual Sunday laundry and karaoke.
  • Monday I got buried under business letters to submit and shared some leftover blondies with my co-workers. It was a really busy day. And our team got on the shortlist for a project so that's awesome. It was raining when work ended and Steve picked me up. We ate at the Thai restaurant Sawatdee and I had pad thai. We caught up and chatted for the entire rest of the evening, which was terrific, and then he left and I went to bed early.
  • Tuesday was also busy. I did a bunch of editing and after work I went out with my friends Yasmin and Arthur. We also had Thai food and I ordered pad thai, but at a different Thai restaurant called Singha (which also serves Viet food). Afterwards, we chilled at my place singing karaoke and playing with cartoons and talking. I got sick after and had to spend the evening in bed, but I recovered quickly.
  • Wednesday I was late to work because I had to go to the post office to mail a co-worker's shirts. Got in and missed part of a meeting but it was okay. My boss was back from his international trip and he had brought us sweets from India! Yay! I did some more editing and interview preparation, because I'm supposed to go with the team to an interview next week. I did some transcripts and some research. Then after work I ate at Which Wich? with Jeaux and we shopped at Publix and caught up on Night Vale.
  • Thursday morning was like the hottest walk to the bus stop ever. I worked and did more editing and interview prep. So much to do! Also had some computer difficulties. Argh. Thursday was the only day this week I didn't have social plans! But I still talked to Victor and drew my comic while talking to him. Updated a couple websites and posted funny pictures.
  • Friday was another VERY busy day at the office--meetings and timesheets and reports galore. Then after work I scrambled to get my comic posted so I could hang out with Meghan. My Steven Universe trading cards came in! So exciting! So Jeaux came by and we all sat around opening trading card packs and recording it for the Internet. We ate Boston Market food and had a good time. It is great to see Meg again.

New reviews of my book:


Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. Nothing special.




Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Superman" by Five for Fighting.




    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0736: "The Same Age."






    New videos:

    Just made a video about unboxing my trading cards!




    New photos:


    The "Tasty" cereal and mushed-up carrots I made based on SU food this weekend
    Mushed-up carrots are good.
    Me with a large Garnet.
    Father's Day with Lindsay and Dad!
    First photo with new friend Steve!
    Quilt made for me by Connie in my favorite colors, pink and black!
    With Yasmin and Arthur in the Thai restaurant
    Arthur singing karaoke
    Yasmin sings karaoke
    Jeaux is in my kitchen for no reason.
    Me in my new Pearl dress!
    My collection of six SU dresses!
    A complete set of the base card set!


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (lost 4), 680 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 971 for swankivy (2 new), 1,339 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 292 friends (no change, but someone unfriended me, not sure who, and I friended a new person who's into trading cards) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 180 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment