Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Near-Death Experience

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Have you ever had a near-death experience or been through something you actually thought you were not going to survive?

Hm. I don't think so.

I've been to the emergency room once. I didn't think I was going to die, but I'd been having fairly frequent episodes of unexplained rapid heartbeat and this time I was also trembling for a long time and didn't seem to be able to stop it no matter how long I waited for it to pass. It was never explained. I saw a cardiologist and everything. They had a theory that I might have a certain syndrome but it turned out I didn't. It stopped happening and I still don't know why. But that's the only time I've gone to the emergency room for myself.

And even there I took selfies

I worried we were going to die when Hurricane Irma barrelled into my state mean and ugly, but that's not the same thing as a near-death experience.

And once I got hit by a car while I was on my bike, but it was over so fast and when I was lying in the road I already knew I wasn't very hurt, so I had no suspicion that I was about to die.

Never really had any close calls or issues, and have never been very sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment