Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Giving Up

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Tell about a time you gave up on something you tried to do, and why.

The only class I ever dropped in college was Meteorology.

I don't even understand why I was allowed to take it in the first place. It was listed as a 1000 level class (entry level) and only had a high school prerequisite for having taken physics (I did, though I got a C in the damn class). This class was so bafflingly beyond my capabilities that I was ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY LOST within the first 20 minutes of the first day.

I gave it a pretty good try, too, even though I knew I wasn't good at it. It had enough math in it that it was going to satisfy a math credit for my graduation requirements, and if I could pass, I wouldn't have to take a straight-up math class. I actually worked really hard on homework and everything, and my roommate's boyfriend was in the class because he wanted to be a weatherman (lol), so we sat together and he gave me some pointers but he never studied with me or anything.

I just couldn't pass the tests though. I think I failed a couple and then just dropped the class. It was a relief but pretty disappointing that even when I applied myself I just couldn't do all this vector nonsense.

I leave it to the physics geeks! I ended up taking a basically remedial math class for credit and passing with a B. (I'd already taken College Algebra but they wouldn't award me the credit because I got a D, so I had to take this applied math thing. Nobody's good at everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment