Life news this week:
- Saturday I just did my blogging and updated a bunch of recipes on Tumblr. (One of them got auto-blocked because the bot thought my food pictures were adult material? Wow. Had to request a review and get it unblocked.) I posted some images of my kitty cat commission and did some planning and practiced my ukulele.
- Sunday I finally was able to go outside because it wasn't raining and cleaned off the table on the patio, and I also washed the table and chair covers. Later it rained. *sigh* I did laundry, made a Letters to an Asexual video, did karaoke, and learned some new songs on ukulele. I was super happy that a couple songs that used to seem impossible are possible for me now.
- Monday I got slammed at work because my boss had to take an emergency trip out of the country but I had a bunch of work left undone with him so I had to complete it with incomplete information. I got it all done! But one of the deadlines I only made by 8 minutes. Yikes. I went home and learned another ukulele song and looked at Internet drama.
- Tuesday I finally got to start working on this data entry project with a guy at the office. It was easier than I expected in most ways but there are a couple things I can't do without confirmation from the person we're working for so that's frustrating when I keep running into it. I drew my writing comic finally and looked at more Internet drama. I made a friend from talking to them about the Internet drama that pissed us off for similar reasons.
- Wednesday I was up in the wee hours to read a comic book because I am a nerd. I read it and blogged about it for the Internet, and went back to bed. Then I went to work, did more data entry and made notes for my co-worker, took a break to go to the comic book shop, and did some databases for my boss who's still in India. Went home, met with Jeaux and we ate at Evos which was delicious. We shopped at the Greenwise store and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine at home. After he left I made a ukulele video.
- Thursday was VERY slow at the office! Yikes! I had very little to do so it was mostly just maintenance of stuff I keep up with. After work I talked to Victor on the phone while drawing my comic. And I bought a bunch of stuff for cake-making and costumes on Amazon.
- Friday was the usual at work: timesheets and upcoming project reports for my boss, and then I had another packet of data entry to do. Went smoothly except for the same issues we had with the first one. After work I finished drawing the comic, played some more ukulele songs, and waffled around over whether I want to impulsively go to a comic convention tomorrow.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- Best Book to Read on Asexuality? An AVEN thread in which my book is recommended with seconding and thirding in the comments.
- LGBTQ Reads put me in their nonfiction reference section.
Check out my nutrition readout. I have another new record for low weight which is neat. But again it went up in the middle of the week and I have nothing to blame it on because I was actually very disciplined this week. But no extra exercise or anything so. Eh, is what it is. I am not too worried about it. But I need better nutrition--I'm not eating enough vegetables except for soy stuff.
- Finished this week: Making good progress on my in-progress book, but not done yet. I gave a five-star review to the latest ongoing Steven Universe comic, which is #30.
- Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
This week's karaoke song is "Smells Like Teen Spirit," Tori Amos acoustic version.
Webcomic So You Write Issue 98: "Constructive."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0742: "Good Noise."
So first, Letters to an Asexual #70 is out. It's about when I was querying for my asexuality book and an agent passed on the project using some condescending language revealing assumptions about asexuality.
Next, there were a couple videos I recorded of me practicing Season 4 Steven Universe songs on ukulele in unlisted videos. Here they are.
"Still Not Giving Up":
"What's the Use of Feeling (Blue)?":
And then I did all the Steven Universe Season 4 songs in one video (which is public):
Steven Universe Season 4 Ukulele Covers!
And then I got started on Season 5 practicing a song (which is an unlisted video again):
"Sadie Killer and the Suspects":
I didn't take any photos this week, can you believe it?
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,245 for swankivy (lost 12), 682 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 976 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,337 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 293 friends (finally added new Steve as a friend!) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 161 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,511 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 185 (2 new).