Life news this week:
- Whew! Nice to have a Saturday that wasn't crammed full of stuff I had to do. I worked on my blogging but a storm blew through and my power went out and I lost all my progress, so I had to do it again when the power came back. Besides that, I decided to have a huge party when the Steven Universe movie comes out, and began some planning with Meghan. I ate an artichoke and drew a silly fan comic.
- Sunday was a really FUN DAY! My friend Steve came to pick me up in the morning and we went to Hudson to watch the musical Shrek. (Steve is the music director so I got to come in and also eat for free at the dinner theater.) Afterwards, we hung out and watched cartoons and had some rice and talked. We spent like eleven hours together! Amazing to have so much time to spend with an important new person in my life.
- Monday I hadn't received the new bus pass I ordered so I had to take a paid ride to work. It was somewhat busy at the office and we also had a staff meeting. After work I did more planning for my party and talked to Steve through text. I also did a little dress up playing because my commissioned plushie of Garnet's cat came in so I had to take fun pictures.
- Tuesday still no bus pass, so Lyft. Work was low-activity so I studied RCI stuff and worked on a database. After work I talked to my sister on the phone and made some posts about trading cards.
- Wednesday STILL no pass and we still had no data for RCI at work so I'm in a waiting mode. They finally fixed the air conditioner at the office! Now I get to freeze and everyone else gets to be comfortable. Haha. I wrote a storyboard for my comic and a blog entry, and read some drama on Reddit. I told Jeaux about it while we were hanging out after work. We picked up a big TV from Victor's house (he's moving, and I'm going to use it for my party). We ate at Joe's Diner and didn't watch anything because we talked about Internet drama all night.
- Thursday I STILL DID NOT GET MY BUS PASS. In my experience it usually only takes a couple days so I started to suspect it was lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address. I went to work and had to focus pretty intensely on building up a report my boss needed quickly. So that was the whole day. After work Victor didn't call me because he forgot or something, so I did a little of my comic but mostly did other things.
- Friday came and THE PASS STILL DIDN'T. So I had to take a paid ride to work every day this week. I finished the database I was making for my boss and I had to do some other marketing stuff. After work I spent the rest of the evening on my webcomic and listening to a couple interviews with the Steven Universe cast that came out after San Diego Comic Con.
New reviews of my book:
- Benjamin Coakley gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
Check out my nutrition readout. Going down very very slowly, lol.
- Finished this week: I usually read on the bus and MY BUS PASS NEVER CAME SO I DIDN'T RIDE THE BUS so I didn't read at all this week.
- Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
This week's karaoke song is "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.
Here's a very silly comic called "Necks for Fusions" that doesn't make sense unless you watch the show, but it's fun.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0741: "Play it Safe."
|My friend Steve at work|
Pics of my new Cat Steven Plushie and me in cosplay!
|Autograph card collection, now with Estelle's autograph|
|Bag collection, now including swag bag from SDCC 2019|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,257 for swankivy (1 new), 681 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 977 for swankivy (2 new), 1,337 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,512 (lost 4). Instagram followers: 183 (1 new).