Monday, July 15, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on MONDAY!!): July 6 – July 12

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got up pretty early and made my ukulele video featuring all the songs from Steven Universe season one played back to back! And I got it uploaded! Great practice. I then updated some collector stuff online before my friend Kari showed up to hang out, eat pizza, and watch cartoons. We didn't have that much time for cartoons since we had so much chatting to do! It was lovely to see her. We watched up to the musical episode of Steven Universe, which she hadn't seen. I spent the evening after she left playing ukulele and blogging.
  • Sunday it was too rainy to sit at the table outside! Again! Got my karaoke and laundry done and spent a bunch of time organizing my prizes for the upcoming Steven Universe panel I would be running at Metrocon! (I planned to give prizes to people for their participation.) I also practiced ukulele a lot and got all the songs of season 2 crammed into a video. Wow!
  • Monday I was a tad late because I decided not to be hugely lazy. I had to work on a proposal package for the office but other than that it was a slow day for a Monday. When I got home I did my cosplay test for my Stevonnie costume and finished making my card prompts for my panel. I also tried to practice uke but I was having a hard time with the Season 3 songs. My sister sent me photos of my book for sale in a bookstore in Japan! She bought one.
  • Tuesday I had to send the proposal package in after we finalized it. It was also an exciting day in Steven Universe news because a movie poster came up revealing that the movie is taking place two years after the last episode, putting Steven at age 16. Wow! Cool! Oh and also a villain, I guess. Hah. In the evening I worked on my ukulele playing but Season 3 was still giving me a lot of trouble. Also the results of the interview I went to a few weeks ago came out . . . but we were not the winners. :(
  • Wednesday I worked on a transcript for the office guys. I also argued with someone online about sexist stuff. I put up my locker posters in the sheet protector that came in the mail and I think it looks nice. Jeaux came over and we ate at Beef O'Brady's and went shopping for a couple aspects of his costume. And we watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. After he left I posted my Season 3 video! So many songs!
  • Thursday I finished the interview transcript and cleaned out my phone a little bit. At home I played the ukulele until Victor called. And I drew my webcomic and posted it after we hung up.
  • Friday I took the day off so I could go to my nerdy convention. Metrocon! I dressed up as Stevonnie and went to the con via Lyft after I had lunch. I got to hang out there by myself for about six hours (awesome!). I wandered around taking photos and being in photos, attended a panel on figure drawing people in cosplay, and went to the Steven Universe Summer Singalong (and made a singing buddy friend who was dressed like Rose Quartz). There were a lot of cosplayers who like the same cartoon! When Jeaux arrived, we looked at costumes, attended a panel about social difficulties in anime, and ate some food at IHOP late at night. It was a good time.


New reviews of my book:

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. It's kinda inconsistent but I'm not worried about it.




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Nothing this week!
  • Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Learning to Fly" by Tom Petty.




    Stuff Drawn:

    Some sketches I did in a cosplay figure drawing panel:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0739: "Desk Meeting."






    New videos:

    I did THREE ukulele compilation videos this week! You can enjoy my covers of the Steven Universe songs from Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3 now. I don't have Seasons 4 or 5 down yet. :o





     

    New photos:

    Okay, so the photos were epic and that's why I couldn't get my blogging done until two days later. :P

    I made an entire Metrocon 2019 Gallery, but here are the photos from this week that were my favorites ending at Friday.

    Testing out my Garnet costume:





    My new locker posters got framed:


    Jeaux being cute working on his costume:




    And my fave Metrocon pictures, where I was Stevonnie for the day:


    Stevonnie Costume
    Bow & Adora
    Stevonnie & Connie
    Stevonnie & Steven
    Rainbow Quartz & Stevonnie
    Marge & Mermista
    Pines family
    Blue Diamond & Stevonnie
    Pink Diamond & Stevonnie
    She-Ra
    Lapis Lazuli
    Cookie Cat & Stevonnie
    Garnet
    Sexy No Face
    Steven & Tiger Millionaire
     


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,254 for swankivy (lost 1), 681 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 976 for swankivy (2 new), 1,341 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,515 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 181 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment