Saturday, August 31, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: August 24 – August 30

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was supposed to be a fun day with Kari watching cartoons, but she was sick so she couldn't come see me. We rescheduled for Sunday and I got a bunch of stuff done for the party. I also made a weird mashed potato sculpture and ate noodles all day. I made a webcomic for my writing comic and made the lemon cake tier. And I practiced ukulele.
  • Sunday Kari was still too ill to visit so the weekend was a bust. My mom also didn't come over. I still did my usual Sunday stuff: karaoke, laundry, trash, etc. I did some more ukulele playing, made the vanilla cake tier and made Cookie Cats. Also unpacked some boxes and cleaned my place up.
  • Monday I was too lazy for the bus so I took a paid ride to work. Had to deal with some bounced utility mails and both good and bad news at the office. I had a bad headache so I came home after work and took a hot shower and a nap. Also hydration. It helped. I got a bunch of party stuff set up and practiced ukulele.
  • Tuesday I was too lazy for the bus again. I had to knock out a letter at work and more utility stuff. I was asked to test new pencils to see if they were good enough and ended up doodling a drawing to test, which was amusing. We got more good news. I did a few more things on my party list, including making the music playlist.
  • Wednesday I was lazy AGAIN. I did some everyday work at the office and trekked to the comic shop to get my books. After work Jeaux and I ate at Beef O'Brady's, shopped at Publix, and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I started to hear scary things about the coming Hurricane Dorian and I was really worried that we would get smacked or that it would make me cancel my party. I shopped as if there were no danger of that.
  • Thursday I was not too lazy for the bus. :) Still planning a party despite hurricane news. I got all my Negative One drawings done early. I helped my mom with her phone bill and talked to Victor while organizing food labels.
  • Friday I again was not too lazy for the bus. I need to make use of that bus pass. I bothered people for timesheets and generated some reports for my boss. After work I did more party preparation and posted my webcomic, and chatted to my dad. It seems less and less likely that we'll be smashed by a hurricane so party plans are a go!
Diet progress:

Check out my nutrition readout. It's . . . pretty neutral.




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I'm making good progress on the book I'm reading, but not done yet. I did finish a comic book though. I gave a four-star review to Steven Universe ongoing comic #31.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Hello" by Lionel Richie.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Testing pencils!






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0746: "Feel Like It."










    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0746: "No Futures I Can See."






    New videos: 

    I played a song that I'm still learning--it's called "Familiar." You can tell it's really hard for me. :(



    And then I managed to complete Steven Universe Season 5 songs all in one video! I can play every song in the series! At least until the movie comes out, haha.


    New photos:


    Lemon cake!


    Vanilla cake!
    Cookie Cats!!
    I made them!


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,247 for swankivy (lost 1), 681 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 976 for swankivy (2 new), 1,338 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 292 friends (lost 1 but gained 1--I don't know who I lost, but the gain was a friend who has decided to make a new profile now that she's come out as trans) and 205 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 161 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (10 new). Instagram followers: 187 (lost 1).

    1 comment: