Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Reclaimed Memory

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Do you have any recently rediscovered memories? (This could be anything you forgot for a long time and remembered--either spontaneously or as a result of someone reminding you.)

This is a weird one but I very recently remembered that I used to collect sugar packets in high school.

I thought it was interesting that sugar packets came in so many different designs, and I would take sugar packets home with me from restaurants and ask friends and family to bring sugar packets to me anytime they visited a restaurant if they thought it was a design I might not have. I collected so many different kinds!



When this memory resurfaced, I actually initially thought it was from my younger childhood. But then I realized, because of the memory I have of the box I kept the packets in, that it had to be tenth grade and beyond. The box I used was a gift from my high school boyfriend--a kind of ugly cloth-covered jewelry box with a mirror inside. He had taped a really bad photograph of himself to the mirror inside.

I wonder if that's part of the reason I hadn't thought about it in such a long time. I'm not a huge fan of thinking about that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment