- Saturday I spent a bunch of time modifying my ukulele to look like a cartoon. (I bought a nicer model ukulele last week, so I'm jazzing this one up to go with my costume for the convention I'm going to.) I posted some pictures of it on Amino and they picked it for a featured post, which was nice. Sister P called and I chatted to her and did laundry. Also, I drew a doodle of Garnet trying to wear a hoodie. It's funny. Oh and I made a writing video before I went to sleep.
- Sunday I practiced ukulele and tried out my whole costume for the first time. I think I make a pretty great Stevonnie! Except I'm short. And pale. I played a song that Stevonnie sings in the show as my ukulele performance and put a duet part on it. Also subtitled the video I made for my writing channel and posted stuff.
- Monday I turned in my notice of intent to vacate my apartment. It was pretty sad. Also had to walk to work in the rain and my hip was bothering me for some reason. My firm got shortlisted on a project so yay. At home I got a bunch of packages full of cool toys, so that was a highlight! Also went to the office supply store to get some sticker paper for fun convention stuff, and I went grocery shopping too, and then Jeaux invited me to eat burritos so I went to Moe's with him. It's no wonder I was tired enough to fall asleep early.
- Tuesday I did some stuff on a technical proposal and wrote some mail. Took the bus home and did some small modifications to my ukulele, but didn't get much done.
- Wednesday I got caught in the rain for like 2 minutes (though I had an umbrella). We got a new guy at work, hmm. I helped him get settled and did some stuff on some roadway plans. I met Jeaux after work for Pei Wei food, and then we watched Wrecked and People of Earth. After he left I chatted with my sister and went to sleep.
- Thursday I worked on a website for my work and it rained a lot. I kinda got caught in it. I had to walk home and my mom was at my house. She'd cleaned a bunch of stuff and left a candy bar in my freezer. ;) She ironed a shirt for me and went home after I tried to help with her computer. Then I talked to Victor and processed my comic, and packed my stuff for the convention.
- Friday I worked from home making a transcript of a meeting and some website things. Then I got ready for Metrocon in the evening and practiced ukulele. I met up with Victor and Jeaux at the convention and we walked around, took photos of costumes, and went to a couple panels--a Steven Universe music game where you could win Pearl Points, and a panel about LGBT characters in cartoons. We also saw an anime we hadn't seen, checked out the game room, and won a scavenger hunt!
- Monica on Amazon gave it a five-star review.
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
- On Today FM, someone writes in with a question and the response mentions my book: Agony Aunt: I've Never Craved Intimacy.
- Finished this week: Didn't finish any books. but I did finish Steven Universe #6 comic and gave it a five-star rating.
- Currently reading: The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty.
This week I performed "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush.
|Garnet tries to wear a hoodie.|
|Follow-up sketch to the above. ;)|
|Quick doodle: the Rutile Twins decorating each other with flowers.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0638: "Small."
My latest writing video is called Plotter vs. Pantser. (It's about plotting novels out vs. writing from the seat of your pants.)
Another unlisted ukulele video: I'm playing "Here Comes a Thought" from Steven Universe. Sorry for doing two cartoon songs in a row but I really needed to learn this one to go with my costume. It's a duet so I sang both parts--I did the ukulele playing and Stevonnie's part while I was still doing my costume test, and I figured it would be weird to sing the companion part without wearing something illustrative of Garnet's character, so I wore my dress that looks like her shirt and wore sunglasses. :).
|My Lapis Lazuli plush came in.|
|I modified my ukulele to match the cartoon character I'm cosplaying.|
|First time trying on the whole costume. Here's my Stevonnie selfie.|
|With my backpack and ukulele!|
|I got a new Hot Dog Duffel Bag.|
|What I wore to Friday Night of the con.|
|I won a Pearl Point during a Steven Universe game about guessing the lyrics.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,296 for swankivy (2 new), 646 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 879 for swankivy (1 new), 1,340 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,499 (2 new). Instagram followers: 119 (no change).