Saturday, August 19, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: August 12 – August 18

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I was supposed to see a house but the people canceled, so I stayed in all day and worked on some digital art. It looks cool but I don't know what I'm doing yet. I texted with my sister P a lot and did some organizing, and made a Letters to an Asexual video.
  • Sunday I did chores and made some digital art for a collaboration I'm doing, but I'm not done yet. I played my new ukulele in a video for the first time and I love the sound! I talked to my dad on the phone and . . . STARTED PACKING MY FIRST BOXES. It's emotional.
  • Monday I had a bunch of proposal and letter stuff to do at work. I posted an analysis of my favorite character's speech patterns and it got featured on the Amino app's front page. This is the 26th time I've been featured there. It's kind of unreal. I left work early so I could go see a house. It was beautiful! I really fell in love with it, especially its trees. I was enthusiastic about it and you can see what I thought in a blog post I wrote. Then I took a bus home but there was a glitch on the bus app that led to me giving up and deliberately taking the bus going the wrong way, assuming it would eventually start going the right way. (Too bad that took literally hours.) So yeah I rode a bus kind of all afternoon and into the evening and walked home in the dark. I was pretty beat and I just had time to fill out an application for the house I'd seen before I slept early.
  • Tuesday I worked from home. I had some transcripts to do and an inconveniently scheduled makeup appointment for the house I was supposed to see Saturday. I knocked out the work and made it to my appointment, and the house was also beautiful but had a little less character and also was disappointingly far from transit, and living there would have me spending over 4 hours on a bus every day to get to work, so I decided I would go with the other house if they would accept me. And then they did! I got paperwork that afternoon and decided to sign it! I got approved for renting a house! (Barely. I just barely make enough money to hit three times the rent if I include my book earnings! Isn't that wild?) I also talked to my mommy who's still sick and did some drawing.
  • Wednesday at work I did another transcript and not much else happened except Jeaux got the news he got a new job! The job he's been waiting for finally hired him. After work we went out to Macaroni Grill to celebrate and had a great time. Then we biked to the grocery store and home. Watched our showsPeople of Earth and Wrecked and after he left I checked with my mom again and she was still doing crappy but didn't want me to come over.
  • Thursday I worked on a proposal at the office, and after work I went to the grocery store for my mom and sort of forced myself on her, haha. She was glad to have me though. She was very sick and I stayed with her, and we had some really nice chats. I decided to stay with her overnight, so I slept in her guestroom.
  • Friday I woke up at my mom's and stayed with her most of the day, working from home. I did a transcript and some proposal preparation for my boss. Mom was still not doing well but I went home to do some things and told her to call me if she needed me, but we just texted off and on into the night. I got my webcomic done and that was the end of the night for me.
New Reviews of my book:
Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I was really busy with house-hunting and helping my mom this week so I didn't quite finish the book I was reading.
  • Currently reading: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp.
    New singing performances:

    This week I performed "What About Love?" by Heart.

     


    New drawings: 

    I tried digital coloring--the drawings were done on paper, but I colored them on my computer. This is a series of drawings with Garnet and Greg's relationship evolution.





    And then I tried a couple drawings that were entirely digital! These are test drawings of Garnet using digital sketches, digital coloring, and one alternate shading technique--don't know what I like better.





    And here's an entirely digital, sketchy-only doodle of Amethyst and Steven that will eventually be part of a comic.







    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0640: "Hard to Live With."






    New videos:

    My latest asexuality video is Letters to an Asexual #49It's about people who claim they want to be educated, but are insulting and condescending from the getgo, and really think we can't tell that they aren't actually curious so much as want to argue with simplistic, incorrect "scientific" ideas they don't fully understand.




    My latest unlisted ukulele video is "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from the musical Avenue Q. This is my new ukulele's video debut!






    New photos:


    Me with my Ivysaur plush 'cause I'm a nerd.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,290 for swankivy (lost 1), 649 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 874 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,338 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (lost 1--don't know who) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,502 (3 new). Instagram followers: 121 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment